Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Just wanted to put this out there...

This is a low rez render of something I'm working on. I've got a long way to go yet. I realize that.

It's basically pre-vis of a quick banking shot of a chase sequence in a sci-fi action adventure project that I've written and am pitching to direct. As of this render, the spider hadn't been fully textured (it is now, but I'm probably gonna have to re do it. :rolleyes: ) Also, obviously the lightings not done, etc, etc, but I just wanted to "come out" so to speak and share a little of what I'm working on. I realize it's "just pre-vis", but I want to make it as best as is reasonable considering I'm not Peter Jackson.... yet. ;)

Its in the "CG Test Renders" folder of my Yahoo briefcase.

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/sterlma@pacbell.net

Sterling

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad! Sorry!

It's been so long since I put that file up there, I've forgotten what compression I used. Rest assured that whatever I did, was haphazarrd. I didn't really know to much about file compression then. :lol: (and still don't really)

Anyway, I put an mp4 compressed version up there now, so hopefully you can view it. bear in mind that it's only 2.5 seconds, a quick cut to convey the action. (probably use it for a little trailer or something.)

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/sterlma@pacbell.net

Let me know if this works or if I'm going to have to use a different compression.

Sterling

Looks pretty good. I had to view it a few times to see what exactly was going on since it's pretty quick and the lighting needs work. But you already mentioned that, so you're aware of that need.

Anyway, I would like to see a little more of the spider prior to this chase sequence and then this shot. Ya know, a little setup. But I'm sure you probably have that in the works already. I just want it now is all. :P

Yeah it definitely needs more massaging from a lighting stand point. I'm trying to go for a realistic night look in a narrow ravine. You know, shadowy, not a lot of ambience, etc...

One of the most frustrating things for me has been that when I started this choreography, I knew a lot less about A:M than I know now, so there is a certain level of project dis-organization and poor technique that I'm going to have to sort through when I go back into working on this shot.

Anyway, I would like to see a little more of the spider prior to this chase sequence and then this shot. Ya know, a little setup.

This is a part of a sequence of shots. I have proceeding shots set up (sans spider), but this is the only one with the spider in it.

Thanks for the comments.

Sterling

Yes, please more light.  From what I could see it looked very interesting!

If it's at night, a blue tint is usually the colour used in movies to signify this. It looks good! Maybe abit too fast though.

Yeah, blue is the color of choice. I think (when I decide to go back into this) I'm gonna use some light list for fill lighting. Right now, no fill lighting exits whatsoever in the shot. At the time a did this, I didn't even know how to use light lists :lol: I can't wait to go back into this and see if I can improve upon the lighting. All of your comments have helped me focus on the priorities for this scene. MORE LIGHT :lol:

As for the speed issue, you could be right Ken. I'll know more when I have it in context. The shot is designed to cut to the Gravity sled pilots face during turn, thus extending the duration of the moment, and then cut back out to the wider shot as they virtually run on top of us. We'll see if that helps once I choreograph it.

Eventually I'm going to link other images from the project. I've got some images from another segment that I'm putting together for an animatic. I probably put those up pretty soon.

Sterling