Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Weird Goings on

Hey guys, I don't know if this is a bug and worth reporting, but just recently I've noticed objects aren't staying where I tell them to be. Let me explain, I've been building a throne room and I want a row of pillars running down the centre of the room. I've positioned a pillar and then to make sure the next one lines up I go into the properties, get the x co-ordinate and enter into the next pillar. I repeat this for say the next 5 pillars with just the z co-ordinate changed.

So here's the weird thing. Say I set all the pillars to x=90 all along the row. If I then click on say pillar 2 its x co-ordinate may have shifted to say 89.89 or 90.12, just a random shift to the left or right for no apparent reason. Does anyone know why this is? I mean its not a big deal to the naked eye it's still in line but if I set something to a specific number I expect it to stay put.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Also yes. I have a feeling you know exactly what's going on here

no, now I'm out of ideas. :lol:

Typically it's something like using feet and inches for units that is a problem.

Are you setting each item individually or all together?

Individually. Like I said though it's not a big issue for me, I mean when I put a ruler next to the edge it still looks like a straight line. I usually just eye ball things anyway but for those guys who like to be 110% exact it might be an issue.

And, of course, there are no other keys for the objects, they aren't animating from one spot to another.

If I saw it I'd know more.

Your keyframe-graph-view looks okay? No bias changed and no interpolation that could cause it?

Any constraints / Newton Physics, etc. that could result in something like that?

See you

*Fuchur*

Quick update on this guys. It seems to be the act of clicking on the object that causes the shift. If i go through each instance of the model in the project workspace and set the positions that way then everything stays still. But if I click on the objects directly then they shift a little. Maybe I just have jittery hands and have never noticed until now.