Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Head model w/SSS

rusty

Hi,

I just tossed SSS skin 1 and skin 2 on the model and got the following results (this order: no SSS, skin 1 than skin 2). I think its a huge improvement, skin 1 more than skin 2 but perhaps the bump maps percentage should be upped a bit.

Compare_1.jpg

Compare_2.jpg

Compare_3.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks,

Rusty

Edit: Actually, looking at them here I see no difference between 1 and 2!?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Rusty,

The only difference I see from 1 and 2 is that 2 seems to a bit lighter, maybe more light in the highlights. I like it.

But very curious about the hair settings, I like the touches of gray mixed in and the grooming over the ears and in the front.

Nice job

Hi Rusty,

The only difference I see from 1 and 2 is that 2 seems to a bit lighter, maybe more light in the highlights. I like it.

But very curious about the hair settings, I like the touches of gray mixed in and the grooming over the ears and in the front.

Nice job

Walter, et. al.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words! Looks like everyone likes Skin 2 better. I have not yet made adjustments to the specular maps (decals). Also, I have not incorporated the hair suggestions or many other suggestions from the OP on this model.

Re Hair Settings: Pretty basic (OP suggestions will make it much better) but here is the material (hair color) and the model (hair-do):

BSUniformWilliamHair.zip

There is also an action which constrains the headcap model to the head model.

Walter, please note I do a lot of things differently to accommodate 'virtual actors' rather than 'character models' (virtual actors need wide ranges of wardrobe, ages, looks, hair dos and hair colors and these must be as 'snap on', interchangeable and as flexable as possible). With hair I do the following:

* Maintain separate hair-dos (no associated colors)

* Maintain separate hair colors (no associated hair-dos)

* I use separate 'skull caps' models which sit just below the head skin so that:

* Separate hair lines are possible

* Problems with 3 and 5 pt patches and hooks in the head mesh are avoided (most problems show up when the hair is animated)

If you are interested, I documented this process in the forum years ago and this can probley be found by searching the forum. Other questions, please ask.

Cheers,

Rusty

Thanks Rusty for the .zip I just took a quick look and I have been working on hair for a while now and see how you laid out the skull and that lets me know I am at least on the right track.

I appreciate the help

Have a great one,

Wally

(P.S. Saw your pics on FB, you have a beautiful family)