Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problems selecting points on spline ring

Roger

• *A:M User*

I'm trying to select just the points that make up the right half of the spline ring where the leg starts. However, when I do that the point right in the middle that I have circled in red keeps getting selected. If I try to deselect it, I also lose the point that is directly to the right of it.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? I need to get my weighting identical to what it is on the other side.

problems_selecting_points.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, here is the thing - in the penguing_Rigging_B vid you select the points on the left half including the hook (if you are looking at the penguin from the front).

I've tried using lasso mode, I can select the same points on the right but no matter the angle I'm at that center cp always gets selected. It doesn't get selected on the back though.

I can't figure out why that is. I also can't unselect that center cp. I don't think the leg will move right if I just select the other CPs without the hook.

Is it possible to manually add a CP when editing CP weights? Like force it to appear in the column on the left with all the other CPs that are listed? Seems like that should be possible.

Or would you need to have the dev kit (or that level of knowledge) to do this?

That might work. Strangely, when I selected all the wanted points, even though the center CP was selected, once the weighting was done the center CP was no longer selected.

Not sure what happened there. I will double-check the weighting on that point.

So glad this thing is coming together. I just need to check the way the torso is bending and I can start animating.

Thanks for the tip about the foot controls, I added those in and hid the original foot bones, it looks better and makes more sense when posing.

You don't need to select the hook (you can't set weighting to them anyway). Hooks are automaticly weighted 50% between the 2 cps. Hooks are associated with the cps on either side of it, so depending on the direction the spline runs, a cp may get selected that wasn't intentionally selected.