Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Video Tutorials = Good

thumperness

I had always been a fan of the written tutorials because I could go at my own pace and not have to worry about pausing the player and/or rewinding to catch something I had missed. :)

But having been stuck on the flower modeling tut. I went ahead and watched most of the video tutorial.

I am now hooked.

There are so many hints and tips you can catch on a good video tutorial that never come across in the written tutorials. (BTW, who is doing the video tuts. for the TAoAM videos?) It's almost as if a picture is worth like 999 words. (Hmmm. That could almost be a proverb, I'll have to work on that.) :P

I am aganin even more excited now about the prospect of the new and improved TAoAM Tutorials being all in video form.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumperness and Chris -----have to agree with you completely.

Plus a video has voice and image working together focusing on the item to be focused about. Sometimes a written tutorial with a few images -its hard to tell sometimes what you are supposed to be looking for ..plus as Chris points out --with video you get those little tidbits thrown in( sometimes off topic ) that help so much ...

Now that said --because of how my free time rolls --written tuts that i can print are very helpful for me as well as sometimes do not have access to a comp.

• Admin

Steve Sappington is the demonstrator for most of the TaoA:M videos.

A couple years ago he traded in his demo hat for work in the medical field.

He did teach computer animation from time to time at colleges in the Portland area.

I'm not sure if he teaches there now as the last I had heard he had moved to Seattle.

One of these days we'll have to corral him and convince him to create a new video tutorial.

All of this mostly speculation. Several generations of animators have learned CG animation from Steve (I've got a secret. Can you keep a secret?) Sappington.

I was wondering what happened to Steve S. So he's no longer with Hash? What exactly is he doing? If anyone knows... :blink:

I believe he has conquered his addiction to Mafia Wars on facebook, and has redeemed himself by becoming a full time? employed nurse. Gotta satisfy that thirst for blood someway, I guess.