Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Version 16 web sub first impressions (upgrade from ver 12)

Vertexspline

Well finally took the plunge and upgraded to ver 16 web sub from my old version 12 cd. My first impressions are very favorable.

Everything seems faster, tighter , snappier. It feels very nice to use and renders seem faster indeed and have not even figured out net render yet.

I even like not having to have the cd handy but will miss the functionality that brought. Anyhow the purchase and installation went super smooth!

Maybe as I move past learning to producing I will face the idea of the more perm solution. I wondered if HASH Inc sold extensions to their versions in case someone was working a big project and did not want to risk a new version and their year was winding up .(Just a thought)

Anyhow.....bought a few of Barry Zundel videos and between all the other resources-going to be busy learning--- also look forward to practicing on the new TAoAM whenever that rolls out too.

but I am happy to be back again up to date and supporting the Hash folks at least a little. :)

Rich

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Congrats on the upgrade. Now you can rest at ease. :)

I wondered if HASH Inc sold extensions to their versions in case someone was working a big project and did not want to risk a new version and their year was winding up

Not to my knowledge but as always you can contact Hash Inc and let them know of your needs. They may be able to work something out to meet those specific needs.

• Hash Fellow

I was curious about how to keep using an old version. My first subscription that started with V15 and was also running v16 just expired. My new subscription lets me run V15 again in addition to V16.

So I think the plan is that if your sub is up to date you can run any subscription-enabled version on that computer.

Thanks Rodney and Robert ---thats sounds great then for me. After I get up to speed modeling and such and start trying to make some things that might take more render power I can always get another sub for another machine or two. Nothing to worry about to soon. have a ton of stuff to practice and learn.

btw robert saw a little tutorial of yours searching through forums of making a beak of a bird --it was short but very informative......and made me think that the new TAoAM may be really something --if you were working on it. So thanks for all your support of AM . Same for you Rodney---you two are a mega responder in these forums indeed !!