Jump to content
Hash, Inc. Forums

Is there a name for the view area?

Recommended Posts

I believe I've only heard them officially identified individually as 'windows'; Choreography window, Modeling window, Action Window etc.

Generically, whatever is the main view is likely the active or main window.

Short of that I suppose it might be called the 'screen'.


(I'm looking for other references but I haven't found anything relevant yet)



From what I can tell, A:M's windows include:

- Community window

- Project Workspace or PWS window

- Modeling window

- Action window

- Choreography or Chor window

- Library window

- Decal window

- Material window

- Relationship window

- Timeline (often the term window is dropped but it's generally referred to as a window)


Within these windows the term seems to change to 'view' such as when opening multiple Camera Views.

We do see the terms change however; Bones window for instance when might more appropriately called Bones Mode or View.

Strickly speaking I believe the true Windows appear to be Model, Action, Chor, Material and Decal as evidenced by them showing up in A:M's drop down menu under Window (see attached image):


Edit: ToaA:M has just reminded me that there is a Relationship window too!


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is there an official name for the area where we see the Chor and Model and other such windows?


What about Window-Area? Something describing like "grey Background"-area.


See you


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...