Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Accurate shapes/corners

wildcard

How do you model perfect angles/shapes.

I know I can create a pentagon or octagon with the lathe tool very easy.

Pentagon 5 cp's or octagon 8cp's lathe and then peak those points.

Free hand guess work I don't consider to be accurate.

So how do I measure/set a perfect angle manually?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this will give you what you are looking for, though I suppose it depends on exactly what kinds of shapes you are creating ...

Highlight a bunch of points in the model window. Right click -> Plugins -> Wizards -> Duplicator

You can specify how many times to repeat, and how much to rotate. I haven't used the "Tumble" side before.

Another option is for example to draw a straight spline, then draw another next to it. Create a group for the second one and place the pivot at the end of the first one using the mouse or using the numeric manipulator-options. Now rotate the group as you wish using the numberic inputs of the rotation-manipulator. This should give accurate angles... another possibility is to use your own math-knowledge and calculate the positons of the CPs you need with a simple Pythagoras-calculation, etc.

The duplicator-plugin or the sweeper-plugin are, as other have stated another way of doing it.

Or you draw a rotoscope in a paint-programm and use it to draw the line.

Here you can find a little video tutorial about the subject:

How to model accurate edges...

See you

*Fuchur*

Another option is for example to draw a straight spline, then draw another next to it. Create a group for the second one and place the pivot at the end of the first one using the mouse or using the numeric manipulator-options. Now rotate the group as you wish using the numberic inputs of the rotation-manipulator. This should give accurate angles... another possibility is to use your own math-knowledge and calculate the positons of the CPs you need with a simple Pythagoras-calculation, etc.

The duplicator-plugin or the sweeper-plugin are, as other have stated another way of doing it.

Here you can find a little video tutorial about the subject:

How to model accurate edges...

See you

*Fuchur*

How some of those tools are right under your nose, thanks Fucher I needed that little push.

*Fuchur*

OR--- use your alternate program, that you are familiar with... to make the splines in vector form. For instance, use Photoshop or Illustrator to make the perfect geometric shapes with the vector tools, then export them as an AI file and use the AI Wizard in A:M to import them, then extrude away to your hearts content!