Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Gender Settings

UNGLAUBLICHUSA

I can be Male, Female or ' Not Set'.....what kind of message does that send to Ladyboys from Thailand who want to join up? Cant we have another choice for 'Both" or '1/2 & 1/2"? What about our Semi-Trans-Gender friends out there too? Maybe a choice of 'Slip Sliding Away' would do the trick. This forum is so sexist...... :o)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can be Male, Female or ' Not Set'.....what kind of message does that send to Ladyboys from Thailand who want to join up? Cant we have another choice for 'Both" or '1/2 & 1/2"? What about our Semi-Trans-Gender friends out there too? Maybe a choice of 'Slip Sliding Away' would do the trick. This forum is so sexist...... :o)

...and what about all the aliens? Maybe they got 5 genders?

*Fuchur*

I agree. I happen to know a person who is a hermaphrodite. One out of about every 2000 people are are born with genitalia that can not be classified as either male or female at least at birth. How is this possible? Birth defects. 1 in 25,000 births result in a clear true hermaphrodite being both male and female. Some people go the other direction, having two of the same, look up Diphallic.

These things have always been around we humans like to put them in a closet as if they were something to be ashamed of. Just because something is rare or not widely accepted socially does not mean it does not exist and should not be treated as such.

One moment... you mean this is a real discussion?

People without a classifyable gender can always set it to "Not set" and in general they choose one gender for the public and they should choose one here too.

See you

*Fuchur*

Yes, Steamwood Illinois, about 30 miles west of Chicago and home of the largest number of home forclosures in Illinois for 2010.

And although I didn't mean for this to take on a serious tone - I think 'Not Set' should really be fine as the alternate setting. I apparently had too much time on my hands yesterday afternoon and idle time is the devils workshop, or something like that.....

These things have always been around we humans like to put them in a closet as if they were something to be ashamed of. Just because something is rare or not widely accepted socially does not mean it does not exist and should not be treated as such.
I saw someone once with an email signature that said something like "Normal is what cuts off your sixth finger and your tail". Another saying about "normal" I heard was something like "If the nail sticks up, pound it back in".

In general, the majority (or even a plurality) should not have the last say for taking away the rights of the minority.