Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

undo = death.....

Master chief

Well i have upgraded to the most current version (V15.0j+) when i encounter a new problem

it appears that every time i try and undo a action AM freezes then dies horribly forcing a full restart and reload of the project. while i am generally very good at saving every few changes its beginning to become quite bothersome due to my natural nature of trying different effects and positions and such.

that said any one encounter this or have any idea what i can set/change to make am more undo friendly?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I haven't had trouble with undo in years, but maybe you're doing something I never do.

Can you make a sample PRJ that will always crash when you undo a certain step? Post that.

You might also try a Reset Settings to see if that changes anything.

Undo is always a tricky endeavor in 3D...it's not at all like most other apps where you can cntrl-Z cntrl-Z cntrl-Z to go back after making a mistake.... it would be NICE but...

SOME operations undo better than others...some not at all (distortion box operations) My only advice is if you are going to rely heavily on the cntrl-Z, you better also rely on the cntrl-S...

Isn't there an auto-save plugin that saves every X minutes you tell it to? I could swear I have that in Ver 13. Of course, AM closing and not keeping saves is much better than the ver 11 problem I had this morning where it closed AND deleted my model file.......Sigh. Good thing I have a back-up at home.

Can't wait until my new HASH CD arrives....

Isn't there an auto-save plugin that saves every X minutes you tell it to? I could swear I have that in Ver 13. Of course, AM closing and not keeping saves is much better than the ver 11 problem I had this morning where it closed AND deleted my model file.......Sigh. Good thing I have a back-up at home.

Can't wait until my new HASH CD arrives....

YES! I found it;

AutoSave.zip

Undo is always a tricky endeavor in 3D...it's not at all like most other apps where you can cntrl-Z cntrl-Z cntrl-Z to go back after making a mistake.... it would be NICE but...
I think it's not just 3D that it's difficult to do in, but all apps.