Talanquel

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yes...and NO!

The 2003 version may be outdated- but if you are in the early stages of learning or reaquainting... it is still very pertinent. So with THAT said... your 2003 $300 is still very much money well spent. HOWEVER, if you know enough about the software to know it is outdated... then perhaps you will benefit from the 2011 V16 of A:M.

You can now buy a 1 year subscription to the latest-greatest for only $79.99 @ hash.com Includes 1 year of 'hot off the press' monthly/bimonthly updates. A true bargain.

WELCOME BACK!

• Hash Fellow

8 years is a long time ago in software. You can find the last update that will run on your CD at

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/

If that's at least v10.5 the interface looks very similar today still.

but v16 is much nicer and more stable.

welcome back!

• Admin
Is the $300 something I spent on it just gone?

Heck no!

Back in 2003 that $300 was temporarily put into a bank account.

Well... except for $45 of it that was spent to pay an unexpectedly high electricity bill at Hash Inc.

James applied $10 of it toward gas for a road trip to California.

Heath used $5 for a sandwich at the convention. (James and Jason also split a bottle of water for $2... I think)

When the van broke down on the return trip $129 was used to replace a leaking hose that couldn't be patched with tape (the hose only cost $2 but the mechanic works on hourly scale)

$125 was used to pay the speeding tickets.

Jason bought a (used) book on PHP programming for $1 online (shipping was $14.95)

$7 was used to pay the intern programmer (Stevie) who couldn't afford a bus ticket back home after he finished developed fluids for A:M in 2008.

The remaining funds ($2 and change?) is being used to develop a slew of really cool new features.

Martin swears he never saw a single penny of it.

Personally I'd go for the $79 websubscription.

Then you won't need to have the CD in the drive when you start up A:M. :)

Is the $300 something I spent on it just gone?

Heck no!

Back in 2003 that $300 was temporarily put into a bank account.

Well... except for $45 of it that was spent to pay an unexpectedly high electricity bill at Hash Inc.

James applied $10 of it toward gas for a road trip to California.

Heath used $5 for a sandwich at the convention. (James and Jason also split a bottle of water for $2... I think)

When the van broke down on the return trip $129 was used to replace a leaking hose that couldn't be patched with tape (the hose only cost $2 but the mechanic works on hourly scale)

$125 was used to pay the speeding tickets.

Jason bought a (used) book on PHP programming for $1 online (shipping was $14.95)

$7 was used to pay the intern programmer (Stevie) who couldn't afford a bus ticket back home after he finished developed fluids for A:M in 2008.

The remaining funds ($2 and change?) is being used to develop a slew of really cool new features.

Martin swears he never saw a single penny of it.

Personally I'd go for the $79 websubscription.

Then you won't need to have the CD in the drive when you start up A:M. :)

That was cruel Rodney... ;)

Lets compare this with other software Talanquel...

Ever saw an upgrade from Windows 95 to Windows 7?

I haven't. In your special case you would not get an update for most software (including most other 3d-software, not to mention that the upgrade there would cost more than the whole programm of A:M).

Lets say any year between the versions would cost you 50 Dollars more to upgrade (1/6th of the full price which is quite low if you ask me... this is only imaginative and not available for A:M):

2005 > 2011 = 300 Dollar. So if that would be the case your upgrade would cost more than the programm itself today.

Any way I see it: For you any pricetag available (Subscription for 79.99 Dollar or 299 Dollar for the CD-version) is much less expensive for you than an upgrade.

See you

*Fuchur*