sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Fixed with update

Xtaz

Hi guys ....

I bought the amazing Jenpy's Fake/Fast AO too, but I can't put it to work.. A:M is crashing when it's being aplied ( after softening pass )..

If I model a simple ball it renders correctly ... but A:M crashs using complex objects ( characters, cars...etc...etc )

Windows 7 64 bits

A:M v16 beta 5 / 64 bits

check the video...

FIXED in 1.03 thanks Jenpy

bmw.mp4

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I have a bug report in with Jenpy and Steffen regarding a situation in 64-bit A:M with Fake AO...

If a model is extending above the "horizon" of the ground plane into the background color area, that will crash. But the same thing in 32-bit A:M will not crash.

So try your shot in 32-bit A:M with 32-bit FakeAO and see what happens.

If a model is extending above the "horizon" of the ground plane into the background color area, that will crash.

Maybe it won't crash if you put a big patch way back behind the character that occludes the camera background color? I can't test it because I'm still on a 32bit OS.

• Hash Fellow
If a model is extending above the "horizon" of the ground plane into the background color area, that will crash.

Maybe it won't crash if you put a big patch way back behind the character that occludes the camera background color? I can't test it because I'm still on a 32bit OS.

I recall trying that, in my test that also didn't work.

I don't know why it's not working but:

2 things - Did you get the most recent version?

and I noticed you were doing 4 pass, I believe jenpy said to do 1,3,5,...passes, ie, only do an odd number of passes at this time

I'm using 1.02 I checked now and I'm outdated ( 1.03 is the last update )...

and you are right ... jenpy said to use 1,3,5 passes ...I forgot this detail

I have a bug report in with Jenpy and Steffen regarding a situation in 64-bit A:M with Fake AO...

If a model is extending above the "horizon" of the ground plane into the background color area, that will crash. But the same thing in 32-bit A:M will not crash.

So try your shot in 32-bit A:M with 32-bit FakeAO and see what happens.

thanks Robert .... I didn't know about this bug. Did you test new 64bit version 1.03 ?

I'm posting from my mobile... tomorrow I'll back to my desktop and install 32bit and try it again

• Hash Fellow
thanks Robert .... I didn't know about this bug. Did you test new 64bit version 1.03 ?

I didn't know that was there!

I just tried it, I think it fixes the problem, the image in the render window looks like it's getting the AO, however I have an unrelated bug that is preventing me from rendering to file, but I think the FakeAO is working now in 64-bit.