sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

SVN option - is this auto-save?

bubba

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

SVN is a means of updating the work of everyone working from a central repository on a server. it's not auto-save.

I think one of the sgross.com plugins does auto save?

Anyone?

I just trained myself to save frequently because I like to give descriptive names to my versions in addition to a number.

Lucky (rim shot)

But seriously folks, I see no indication that either plug-in works. I have tried both on, one one - one off, and nothing seems to work. Before I report it as a bug I wanted to give someone else a chance to answer, maybe with a solution.

Yes. Screen shot attached.Screen_shot_2010_12_16_at_12.10.41_PM.jpg

And when selecting a destination the plug-in defaults to the compiled code within the contents folder of the application itself.

Screen_shot_2010_12_16_at_12.12.56_PM.jpg

I don't know what system you use robcat2075 - mine is a Mac Pro - 10.6.5

Just to see...

open up your PRJ in a text editor and see if this block, near the top, occurs once or twice...

AutoSaveUse=TRUE
AutoSaveSaveTime=5
AutoSaveDir=../../Documents/

Yup -

AutoSaveUse=TRUE

AutoSaveSaveTime=5

AutoSaveDir=../../Work In Progress15122010

AutoSaveDir=//Fast Tardis//Applications/Animation Master 16.0/Backup/

Properties>

• Hash Fellow

I just tried it for the first time after watching Jason's tut.

I'm on Windows 7.

It is saving files but not to where I thought i specified. It's saving them to a similarly named location elsewhere on my drive. :blink:

Try doing a search on your drive for the first part of your file name and see what it finds.

I'm not sure if that is working right or not. Windows 7 is a bit confusing on where some standard folders actually reside. On the Mac i have no idea.

I would at least report the fact that you are getting two listings for Autosave in a new PRJ and submit a new PRJ that has that in it.

For now, delete one of the dual autosave blocks in the Text editor, resave under a new name and load that and see what shows up, and search to see if it is really saving something somewhere.

• Developer

It's a problem with the plugin , occurs only on the mac .

I'm looking into this when I have time left ....

In general , this function should be moved inside A:M , it would make much things easier, but I'm now in the christmas stress at work

(back in 2008 with workload, today 16 hours :angry: , the customers cranking up :( )

, and I'm trying to put out the RC before christmas .

So please patient with me ....

It's a problem with the plugin , occurs only on the mac .

I'm looking into this when I have time left ....

In general , this function should be moved inside A:M , it would make much things easier, but I'm now in the christmas stress at work

(back in 2008 with workload, today 16 hours :angry: , the customers cranking up :( )

, and I'm trying to put out the RC before christmas .

So please patient with me ....

We may complain from time to time, but I for one REALLY appreciate you and I am so grateful that you exist :)

We may complain from time to time, but I for one REALLY appreciate you and I am so grateful that you exist :)

I whole heartily agree. Yoda64 spend a huge amount of time resolving a bug I reported in Netrender. I too am really appreciative and grateful.