sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

tired thom

dblhelix

well the fun four days are over, here's the result. a whopping two seconds. on the bus stop theme though the set is not there.

this would be the beginning so yes, he just missed the bus.

only just animated the hands today, couldn't post without at least an inkling of follow through.

arms were the hardest thing to do.

the balance i've been at for the longest, have a hearty go! it was very interesting to move the hips in relation to the feet to experiment where he is the most tired, when the motion is the most cumbersome. what's here is not the only thing that worked, but the most "thom organic". a dead tired jogger does his best to not let the hips sink cause he can't lift them again; i had thom push his cute belly up and onward.

this has been a newbie hassle with trying to hit the right bone, telling left from right (always a challenge!) and basics like that, so interpolation has received 0.5 interest and would be the next test area. tips?

tiredt.mov

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a decent first effort!

From a story perspective, I'd suggest having him turn around and trudge off since he missed the bus

thanks!

i'm always too short with the information, leading people astray; this one is the beginning to the longer short.

after this there's thom's resignation giving audience time to commiserate, then a bit of milking their pity, then a stark surprise followed by acute cuteness with a finale of beutifully slow onslaught of magic.

well that's the plan anyway.

the two second short, which will be my contribution, is just a run-through, have to model two things for that first. scary. working dayjob 10 days of next 11, easing up your workload :)

Very nice dblhelix!

(I'm so glad you figured out how to compress your movies.)

thank you and robcat for the compression tips, and an extra thank you for the 90-degree-following-camera suggestion.

the mouse-solution lasted just hours, it's not the mouse it's me, and it's a great relief to have the camera solution to look forward to! setting that up will be the first chore come the next session.