new guy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

When you say "install a font" that's not something A:M does, that's something your OS does. You install a font on your computer and then all your apps (including A:M) can use it .

I'm not sure what the Mac font process is.

drag and drop is all that there is too it on a mac. could you tell me though, are you able to read newly installed fonts on your AM?

I don't think so. Just installed a new font family and AM is not reading it. I'm at a loss. Any more advice?

The standard Mac OS Utility called "Font Book" can and should be used to install, and validate new fonts.

Fonts can be quirky things, especially ones you find and install yourself, as there are many variations of file types out there.

Also, be sure to restart your system after installing a new font.

The OS likes to keep control of things like fonts and puts them in special places so they work properly, ie; cashes, etc.

I should think that any font you can see and use in another Mac application, should be usable in A:M also.

The standard Mac OS Utility called "Font Book" can and should be used to install, and validate new fonts.

Fonts can be quirky things, especially ones you find and install yourself, as there are many variations of file types out there.

Also, be sure to restart your system after installing a new font.

The OS likes to keep control of things like fonts and puts them in special places so they work properly, ie; cashes, etc.

I should think that any font you can see and use in another Mac application, should be usable in A:M also.

Thank you so much my master! I will give it a try and see what happens.