Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Autumn/Fall Scene

photoman

Hi! I finally managed to get settled in with my classes :) ! So I know have enough time to start a new project!

I plan to make a fall scene and maybe transition it over to a Halloween scene....

Here is what I got so far, it is very rough needs some work:

post-11793-1252769313_thumb.png

The grass needs to be thicker and better distributed and the pumpkin looks a bit uniform. Also the lighting isnt final, its just a single sun-light.

C&C Welcome

Photoman

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just googled pictures of pumpkins. You might get better results if you just paint a bump map for it. Most pumpkins don't seem to have a lot of depth in their contours. If you want a really bumpy pumpkin - peak the CPs that lay in a crevice (the horizontal splines running through the CPs, not the vertical ones.) Then set the bias for the horizontal splines running through the CPs on the RIDGES of the pumpkin to some very hight number. You'll have to experiment - 300 might be a good starting point. It will create wide smooth ridges with deep hairline crevices in the pumpkin.

Update!

I did some adjustments here and there. Added the background which is a very low res render of hills, I will render a higher res one for the final render. Tweaked the tree, added the pumpkin and created a displacement map for both.

post-11793-1252894960_thumb.png

I feel like the foreground is empty, I want to add something but I dont know what to add. Ideas?

Photoman

• Hash Fellow

I think clumping the grass was an improvement.

I feel like the foreground is empty, I want to add something but I dont know what to add. Ideas?

Some small stones scattered around on the dirt might help. there's a scatter plugin that might help on that.

Also, how about thinning the diameter of the close up grass? it's like pencils right now