sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Installation Problem - Windows

CaptainBligh

AM 1.5 seems to have installed but will not open.

I installaed AM 1.5 from CD - I also checked box 'copy CD to hard drive' I thought that would help. Not sure what copy to hard disk does???

Software installed and I rebooted. Click on AM icon and software loads - I see different components being installed. Then the AM desktop is opening but before it fully loads it dissapears. There is no error message it just closes.

Any ideas?

MORE INFO FROM EVENT VIEWER

1) Faulting application master.exe, version 12.0.0.0, faulting module ~df394b.tmp, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000abca8.

2) Fault bucket 544831591.

3) <DR WATSON> The application, C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\V15.0\Master.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/08/2009 @ 09:52:43.855 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 667ABCA8 (~df394b)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno...

Sounds like you have the CD of version 15 (not 1.5) Copy CD to hard drive puts all the 'extras' files and libraries onto your local drive...handy to have if you are doing lots of tutorials and don't want to have to put the CD in all the time... only do this if you have ample disc space.

Would your 'Watson' be killing it?

Is your PC modern? Plenty of RAM?

Try opening a project file from the CD...

I hope you get it. I'm not really good at this stuff.

few things that would make finding this out earyer to do

1 32 or 64bit system

2 xp or vista ( or windows 7)

3 multipal HD or singal

few things to try if you have time , if you have vista in the serch bar type memory and run the built in check program

as well as if vista , explore the cd and set the main setup.exe file to run in compatibility mode for xp

check the folder permissions for the hash folder to make sure that they are not to restrictive for your account

make sure that your directx installation is up to date

check your video card drivers and make sure they are working correctly , or try removing them compleatly and reinstalling from scratch

just to name a few

if these dont help try posting some more specs on your system

• Developer
1) Faulting application master.exe, version 12.0.0.0, faulting module ~df394b.tmp, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000abca8.

2) Fault bucket 544831591.

3) The application, C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\V15.0\Master.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/08/2009 @ 09:52:43.855 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 667ABCA8 (~df394b)

Any emulation software running ?

The error comes from the cd copy protection .

Thank you to all who replied. I have a good install and I was able to create my first video from the tutorial.

I do not know what fixed the problem was but let me tell you the things I did after reading your posts.

1) My PC is:

- Windows XP (SP3)

- Core Duo 2.00 GHz with 4 GB RAM

2) I downloaded and installed Direct X upgrade from Microsoft

3) Ran System Update to make sure I had the latest video drivers

4) I noticed that the "Allow Indexing Service" was still active on the C Drive (I always turn this off-don't know how it got turne dback on.)

5) After rebooting I am now able to start AM v15.

Again thank you