Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

problem with talking lights?

i have a starship with some round windows around it. i want them to change color using the dope sheet as if the colors were talking. not sure but maybe there is a bug in 15F? it seems to not be able to hold my colors in the poses. im going to try some basic tests to see if just the model that has issues. but if any one has seen this let me know.

thanks

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I couldn't examine your PRJ long enough to figure out what you're doing, I'm not really sure.

I think the problem is that when you have multiple poses active those poses' R G and B values are getting totaled to more than 255 each which would be white.

most of your poses have a bright color at 0%. Just a few of those at once will send the color over the top.

that would make since and seems to be exactly whats happening. the only problem is that i have a model that i did this with and it works.....i think i had better take a look at my old model now that i have a basic idea where the problem is. thanks for helping.

i just want to add there was no bug in 15 F. and the old decal problem i had in 15e is gone. very happy about that.

im not sure at the moment why i was have the color pose problem. i took a look at my previous model that worked and the only difference was that i made port holes in the space ship that were connected to the ship via splines. the holes were then grouped and color poses were created. i think that because they were connected to the main body that was not part of the pose, it somehow stablized the color.

ill do a test to justify this possibility.

I did a simple sphere with a pose that changed color over the pose and the shape then made an action using the I got a secret wave in the tuts folder and got this. The action changes the pose based on volume of the sound

ctalk.mov

talking.zip

hey so i opened your project and there were no pose sliders. would really like to see how you did this. do have the complete prj or did i miss something?

there should be one pose in the sphere An action was made by a program no longer available that controls the slider but it could be set manually

look at the sphere and in the user properties you will find a pose called color that was set to display a different color at 0,20,40,60,80 ,100% and squash the sphere...should mention it shows a color all along combining the adjacent colors

pose.jpg

there should be one pose in the sphere An action was made by a program no longer available that controls the slider but it could be set manually

look at the sphere and in the user properties you will find a pose called color that was set to display a different color at 0,20,40,60,80 ,100% and squash the sphere...should mention it shows a color all along combining the adjacent colors

pose.jpg

okay ill take a look tonight. i was wondering what you used to track the audio. like you said i can write it in manually.

ive given up using the mouth poses as i found that my old model really did not work as well.

im going to just use a single slider to control the color. i have to get this thing done as there will be a big show at the universal city walk on the 25th. they will show this thing on a large jumbo tron for an intro to the teenie tones live show....

The program I used to animate per the sound was a program called Amplitude which I purchased awhile back from an AM user: unfortunately he has disappeared along with the program so it is no longer available. You picked a pose on the model and a wave file then played the wave file in the program and it animated the pose based on the volume (amplitude) of the wave file and saved it as an action

Matt I have used the idea on a few characters using the idea for the mouth and head on the one below

The program I used to animate per the sound was a program called Amplitude which I purchased awhile back from an AM user: unfortunately he has disappeared along with the program so it is no longer available. You picked a pose on the model and a wave file then played the wave file in the program and it animated the pose based on the volume (amplitude) of the wave file and saved it as an action

Matt I have used the idea on a few characters using the idea for the mouth and head on the one below

AMUSING!

i did some digging around and seems the program came from amexchange.com which is no longer around since 2003.

If you have a sound file that you would like converted to an action post it here and I will convert it for you just tell me the name of the pose it will control along with the wave file