sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Taking half out of the middle

MJL

I've made a small model and made 4 second movie with it. I need to shorten it by about a second or so, (actually speed up the action) but the place where I need to make the adjustments is in the first half of the movie. It's short enough to just redo, but I figured that this may be an opportunity to get a deeper understanding of some of the "mechanics" of A:M

Thank You in advance for any insight.

Myron

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can select the keyframes and drag/move them or sorta squash them then move them back and then move the last frames back to them ,Hell thats not very clear is it ,sorry not very good at explaining this

Done some screen cap to try and explain better

2 select the frames you want to make smaller,notice the pointer chages to slide them along or close them in

3 after closing them together select and move them to the left in the timeline

4 select the keys after the moved ones and move them to where you want them in the timeline

ps make shore you select all the keys open the timeline up to see them

hope this is better lol

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Steve, sorry I couldn't get back sooner to post but your first post gave me what I needed. Thank you so much for your effort with the screen shots but moving the keyframes proved pretty easy.

This proved to be a valuable exercise. It's only 3.5 seconds but I've gone from silent films to talkies. Well sound, anyway.

Maybe for my next epic I'll shoot for a little more sophistication.

Pump0.jpg

Pump_Action_Movie.mov

• Hash Fellow
Maybe for my next epic I'll shoot for a little more sophistication.

I've decided fart jokes are to CG what getting hit with a piano is to 2D. They're like classics of the genre.

how did you rig the parts? fan bones? CP weighting?

Thanks, Steve, and thanks again for your help.

Robcat,

Like the golf instructor told his student: "I can tell you're getting better, because you're missing the ball closer than you used to!"

My progress in A:M is in baby steps. there are no fan bones or any CP weighting, just painstaking placement. In the hose, each bone is a child of the previous one with the nozzle being the last. That bone has IK Lock turned on. The pump motion was done with a pose slider. The bones in it were put there for constraining to if used in a future project. Could I have made any easier to animate with, without CP weighting or fan bones?

I just downloaded Largento's Comic tute on CP weighting from the Godzilla thread, so I'll play with it some more.

Glad you didn't think it "stinks" :D

pump_bones_1.jpg

pump_bones_2.jpg