Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Embossed plates

Starting to get real busy here. Had to do some layouts of some cast plates with depressed lettering and imprinted ceramic middles for a client to choose from. Love the displacement mapping in AM, so much easier then messing around with high density poly models or micro displacement.

So much quicker for the basic texturing than just about any program I have used in the past.

Thanks!

acplates.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bump wasn't extreme enough for this, the letters are really embossed in, approx 1/8". Ran into the same thing with some other models I'm making.

Old days I would make my model in Amapi, unrwap it in uv mapper, head to photoslop and do my textures then over to EI where I would sometimes need to toss on dicer for any displacements. Very time consuming compared to just using AM and photoslop.

One of my projects consists of 120 model/texture combinations, think I would go mad using my other programs.

It's a vast improvement over, I think, v13 when I tried dm's, found them difficult to control, and left them alone until a few weeks ago. It's a great tool and actually fun to tweak and experiment with.

EDIT: Those plates are beautiful! Nice work!