sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hello

Eric800

I am having a problem with rotoscope files.

Every time I make my own model or modify a model and put my own materals and/or decals,not a problem,but when i load my project file the second time, I get thousands and thousands of rotoscope files in my choreography list and it takes an extremely long time to load my project file, as well as slowing down my computer. Is there a setting that will limit the number of rotoscope files produced when I do this?

Eric800

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually have this problem too, although not "thousands."

When you put a model with rotoscopes into a choreography, over time the rotos just multiply. I'm using Mac OS 10.5 and had this happening in both v13 and v15.

Animation_MasterScreenSnapz009.jpg

While not a "fix", a good workaround is just to open the model or chor file in a text editor and delete them. Make a copy of your file first!

Open the copy in a text editor such as Notepad, PSPad or JEdit.

Search for "Rotoscope" - Can't remember the exact tag name - and delete everything between the first rotoscope opening tag and the last rotoscope ending tag, including the tags themselves. They should all be together one after the other in the file.

Then save the file and try to open it in AM.

Hopefully someone will chime in with the exact tag names to search for.

• Hash Fellow

we had this one a few weeks ago... it has something to do with canceling out of a an attempt to find a rotoscope image that is no longer available, like one that was on a removeable memory card.

solution: edit in text file and delete the "rotocontainer" tags.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=297095

remember to save your new file as .mdl not .txt

remember to restart A:M and start a new blank project before you try to reload this edit file.

1st which version and pc/mac... and define what you mean by rotoscopes: guides for buildiing models...or decals or ....

I have a PC, Windows XP Home Edition.I made a new project and opened the knight model from CD and saved it on my computer,then put decals [which are pictures that i got from the internet] on the knight. I saved the project,close animation master,then when i load my same project again then it takes long time to load and when its done I see in my project work space the choreography filled with lots and lots rotoscopes.

Hmm, I found no "rotocontainer" tags in either the project or model files.

I did robcat2075 and homeslice were right thanks.Just open your model file with wordpad and scroll down to find ''rotocontainer'' and delete them

thanks guys

• Hash Fellow
I have a PC, Windows XP Home Edition.I made a new project and opened the knight model from CD and saved it on my computer,then put decals [which are pictures that i got from the internet] on the knight. I saved the project,close animation master,then when i load my same project again then it takes long time to load and when its done I see in my project work space the choreography filled with lots and lots rotoscopes.

Rather than use a model directly from the CD. Copy it to your drive, like to the folder you are going to save your project and the images you are going apply as decals in, and open it from there.