DarkLimit

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-Hi guys,

-I have circled my problem in my pic, I copy and flipped half of my model and the model on the left shows the outcome which looks odd and nothing like the original half [ one on the right ]-

-Any ideas?

It looks like you have another problem along the seam of your model between the left and right halves. Make sure before you do the C/F/A operation that center spline loop is sitting exactly on the y-axis from front view. The usual method for this is to:

1. go into front view, select all of the points that comprise this middle section. This should be a roughly vertical alignment of points.

2. activate the scale manipulator (hit S on the keyboard) and in the properties, adjust the X pivot location to 0 and the X scale to 0.

3. this will squash all of these points into a flat line directly on the y-axis from the front view and make your C/F/A ambitions a bit less irritating.

Chris

Yeah that is true, but for me the bias tends to get inverted

I probably should have said they didn't copy correctly. I'm not sure they were inverted because I had adjusted the bias to make a smooth surface on the original (don't ask :) ) but on the copied side it was warped.

Also Darklimit, do you have any hooks in those areas?

Yeah that is true, but for me the bias tends to get inverted

I probably should have said they didn't copy correctly. I'm not sure they were inverted because I had adjusted the bias to make a smooth surface on the original (don't ask :) ) but on the copied side it was warped.

Also Darklimit, do you have any hooks in those areas?

----------------------------------------

-Ken I sure did and that was the problem, strange how hooks would be an issue like that.. I adjusted them and it copies fine for the most part...

-Thanks guys...