sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

rigging

Jeffnewc

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone help me? I am trying to rig a face but all i can get is the jaws to rotate. I am trying to make an action where someone is talking since my phenomes and dope sheets aren't working. plz respond ASAP

Jeff,

I've been sitting here looking at your post torn between clicking on the button and making no response or... or what? That's the problem... I have no idea how to respond to you without writing a book that's already been written many times before. I've easily spent a hundred hours reading or watching tuts on rigging the face. All the info you need is on this forum or the hash site or the manual if you search. First off, the phonemes and dope sheets have always worked for me.

Not too many people are going to know how to respond to your post -- many (probably most) will move on without replying because of this. Far better would be to ask where there is a tut on rigging a face (I don't know off hand and you can search as well as I can) or, post screen captures of your face and your rig (bones) and describe what its doing or not doing. Even better, post images of where the built in lip sync fails you and get help on that.

There is a tut on the built-in lip sync in the manual and a video version on the hash site -- my wife just went through it and it worked just fine.

It makes me crazy when I need answers and no one replies so even though I don't know how to help I can at least explain to you that your question is too broad to answer -- its just short of "help, how do I use AM?" LOL. Make it a little more specific and provide more info so we can help you.

rusty

If you are asking this question, you will save time by:

1. Open one of your phoneme poses, like MBP. (right-click on the pose name in the pose slider window or in the model's User Properties and choose "Edit Relationship")

2. Go into Muscle Mode (the button is usually at the top of the program window. It looks a little like someone flexing their bicep)

3. Make sure the pose is at 100%.

4. Move the control points in the mouth around until it looks like it is saying the associated sound.

5. Close the Relationship window.

6 Open the next phoneme pose and repeat.

Face rigs are great to work with, but to build or install one correctly for the first time, you can't be on a deadline. The first one will probably take you two or three days. The process I mentioned above will save you some time.