Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Modeling for prototype

Just wanted to show off some examples of hoe I use AM for product design and prototyping.

Bell1.jpg is a product called "The WaterPixie" (patent pending) that I have created a Rapid Prototype of see waterpixie_Open.jpg

The WaterPixie is an ornament you use to water your christmas tree with. No more crawling under the tree. HA!

Any way production will be happening end of 09 - 10 for sale in stores christmas 2010.

post-459-1233523881_thumb.jpg

post-459-1233524395_thumb.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go!

One concern though... has this passed health and safety tests for consumer products? It is just the idea of having lots of people pouring water into the reservoir of the "WaterPixie" when it is suspended above Christmas lights. Perhaps some careful words of guidance would be enough.

Anyway, it is great to see you getting your own, A:M visualised, product into the stores. Good luck with sales when it finally hits those shelves. :)

Wow. I was just considering this myself. I have a crazy idea for a notebook concept but I've no means of making an actual notebook to get a patent so I thought I'd just you tube it for fun. Nice product idea you have. Good luck with it.

Way to go!

One concern though... has this passed health and safety tests for consumer products? It is just the idea of having lots of people pouring water into the reservoir of the "WaterPixie" when it is suspended above Christmas lights. Perhaps some careful words of guidance would be enough.

Thanks for the comments. Because it a complete "kit" the instructions on the back of package explains how to put it on the tree to only fill one cup of water every 1 to 2 days. The national Christmas tree association has tested and found on average a 6-8 ft tree will absorbe 1 to 2 cups of water per day. Disclaimers will also be in place.

Just wanted to show off some examples of hoe I use AM for product design and prototyping.

Bell1.jpg is a product called "The WaterPixie" (patent pending) that I have created a Rapid Prototype of see waterpixie_Open.jpg

The WaterPixie is an ornament you use to water your christmas tree with. No more crawling under the tree. HA!

Any way production will be happening end of 09 - 10 for sale in stores christmas 2010.

I think it's assume very motivating, good luck with sales :)

I'd explore the "need" before going full on production.

Ok so maybe every one is not as efficient as you are. But based on the national Christmas Tree Association over the past 5 years their have been on average 25,000,000 live trees sold in the US. If I sell to just 1%, well you do the math.

I've always taken the stance "nothing ventured nothing gained". Or you could think about this way, there were other 3D programs on the market when Martin started Hash, he just had his vision of how it should be made. The WaterPixie is my vision on the most practical and aesthetically pleasing way to water your christmas tree.

One other point I'd like to make is my target audience is women as opposed to men.

Draagn! thanks for the bday wish! very much appreciated!

as far as the product, I also say go for it! Maybe a small run at first to see

interest levels. If you can get the product into a Walmart or other type stores,

you could very well make a nice profit!