sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

splines and models

washbucket

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M!

how do I get it model that I finished over into the choreography section?

One of many ways.... right click in the chor window>import

this will show "other" and then a list of models currently loaded. pick from that list.

If you want a model that you haven't loaded yet, choose other and it will open a dir window to browse for the model you want.

• Admin

I think he means a model that hasn't yet been saved.

I would suggest saving your model first (and often) as its a good habit to get into.

Then you could follow Roberts import instructions.

The most straightforward way to get a model into a Choreography is to drag and drop it in.

You can do this by either dragging and droping into the Chor window or dragging and dropping onto the Choreography's shortcut in the Project Workspace (PWS).

To open your Project Workspace go to View | Project Workspace via your menu (the shortcut key to activate/deactive the PWS is 'Alt 1')

Welcome to the forum!

I would suggest saving your model first (and often) as its a good habit to get into.

Then you could follow Roberts import instructions.

The most straightforward way to get a model into a Choreography is to drag and drop it in.

You can do this by either dragging and droping into the Chor window or dragging and dropping onto the Choreography's shortcut in the Project Workspace (PWS).

To open your Project Workspace go to View | Project Workspace via your menu (the shortcut key to activate/deactive the PWS is 'Alt 1')

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Every one for the help I'll try it out when I get home today from work. Your program seems to be the most advanced animation program on the market.

• Hash Fellow
One of many ways.... right click in the chor window>import

this will show "other" and then a list of models currently loaded. pick from that list.

This list will show all models currently in the PRJ, even ones that have just been created and not saved to a file yet. An unsaved model will have a default name like "model 1" but it will be in that list.

I prefer dragging the model from the PWS into the chor, but then you have to explain what a PWS is, where it is, where the objects folder is...

• Admin

Good points all Robert.

We'll have to look into providing an approach to the Project Workspace where people use the Project Workspace often before they even know it. Or... perhaps better yet now that I think of it... as they work through TaoA:M they'll learn about it rather quickly.

Perhaps we can set up a few simple lessons that take advantage of the basic but important aspects of A:M's interface that don't distract but set up those who'll work through TaoA:M for even greater success.

I had completely forgot that the Import list contains the unsaved models.

Thanks for the reminder on that! Every day I discover/rediscover something new and useful.

I've grown so use to dragging in dropping in the PWS I need to be reminded of other options out there.

Thanks for keeping it simple. I need that.

seems to be the most advanced animation program on the market.

We are a little biased around here but A:M definitely is the most bang for the buck and more intuitive as well.

All 3D programs have similar features but A:M's interface makes it the leader in its field. Its easily the most accessible 3D character animation program there is. Few are the twelve to seventy year olds that I've seen master other programs as quickly.

For its ease of use and accessibility A:M is better suited for the aspiring animator than even the freeware programs available out there. Don't believe me... try them. We'll look forward to your return here. :)

For those that want the reverse of complexity, simplicity with all the features... A:M is the best there is.