How Do I?

Postality

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

An Euler constraint will set minimum and maximum rotation limits on each axis on a bone .

However such a constraint isn't used on an elbow in most rigs as the constraints that enable controlling the arm prevent an elbow from bending backwards anyway. In other words, no matter where you place an IK hand the rig always aims the elbow in the right direction.

My "Simplest IK Leg" vid show the concept for a knee.

If your Arm is an FK arm you just pay attention to which way you're bending the arm. ;)

But if you need to limit rotation of a bone, Euler constraints will do that for you.

• Hash Fellow

I should also note that if you just want to get your character rigged with a good rig, look into one of the ones on the Rigging subforum such as Squetch, TSM2, 2008, "lite"...

All of those have the essential rigging challenges already solved for you and are more robust than my Simplest IK leg.

But if you're just experimenting to learn more about it, that's fine too.

• Admin
Robcat, your tutorials are really, really good. Like ... you are a born teacher. I think maybe many more people would benefit from them if you uploaded them to the Tutorials forum and simply linked to them from the various posts.

I most wholeheartedly agree.

Robert,

If I can be of any assistance helping to put the spotlight on any of your tuts inside the Tutorials Forum please let me know!

But they're already hosted on the Hash server, no?

They sure are.

All the better to link them into the Tutorials Forum. :)