animation man hi

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin
All the sudden when I try to render something it just renders a blue color any idea on how to fix this.

This may be unrelated to Windows Vista.

The first thing I'd check would be where your camera is pointing to (assuming you are rendering in a Choreography window).

Is there anything else rendering in the shot besides blue?

Do you have an image (screencapture) you can upload and share?

Not enough info. From that description it literally could be an infinite number of possibilities... endless. Make this a guide for the future. The more information provided the more helpful we can be.

If it happened AFTER changing settings on something, change it back or revert to an older version of the project to see what might have caused it.

-vern

one thing you might try is Turing off windows areo effect , this generally fixes a lot of am problems that i know of ( right click on desktop => personalize => windows color and appearance => (may have to click on advance options or default mode) => set back ground to windows vista basic . the areo effect defiantly chews up a lot of graphics power so this may take the strain of your card if it isn't a 5 pound power house. which come to think of it wouldn't fit to well in a computer to begin with.

Looks like fog is set in the camera properties... the darker area at the bottom indicates that something is there showing through the fog. Still... hard to tell from the tiny screen shot. Any chance for a larger picture? Expand the camera properties so we can see those as well.

p.s. If fog isn't activated in the camera settings it could be in the render settings which override the camera settings in the chor.

-vern

• Admin
But do you notice how Vista got blamed for user error? Typical! :D

If I learned anything from Jeff Cantin's ogrely ways long long ago it was to first suspect user error.

His video where he emulated us newbies at our finest by sacrastically quoting us as saying... "It don't work!" when we were the source of our own misery via user error really made an impression on me.

I remember thinking "who is this idiot!"... but dammit... he was right. ;)

There are so many options in A:M to turn on/off... its so easy to forget... user error is generally a pretty safe bet.

Glad you got it figured out! :)