sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Does any one have a Master Chief model?

animation man hi

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Lucy---You got some spline-in to do!"

(Joke in reference to an old back-n-white TV show from the 1950's called 'I Love Lucy' starring Lucille Ball. She would always upset her Cuban husband, Ricky Ricardo- who would extol "Lucy, you got some splainin' to do".) I figure that if I am too old to know what a 'Master Chief' is, your prolly too young to know old TV quotes...

That....was hilarious. I laughed out loud and then read it out loud, in Ricky. I nominate this as the new A:M user saying of the year. I will probably say it to myself the next time I have to do some modeling, er, spline-in'.

I must be just the right age (34). I grew up watching Lucy reruns and I was there when Xbox happened. :)

Yup, I'm showing my age (45)

I was there at the start of all the games, the Magnavox2, the Atari 2600, the Mattel Intellivision (I used to demonstrate and sell these at an appliance store.) Then, the Coleco, the Atari5200, Mario... spent countless hours on all that stuff... DOOM was great, we would spend many an entire weekend over my original PC playing and trying to beat it...golf, Leisure Suit Larry-then DOOM2...

But then, all the subsequent games sort of changed into 'variations of DOOM' (first person shooter) all the incredible originality of those early years melded away to reskinned 'shoot-em-ups'... it sort of reminded me of the first game we had when I was 12 (1974) where it was called 'PONG' on the original Magnavox Oddyssey.... you could play PONG, but if you wanted to play TENNIS, there was a clear sheet you stuck to the screen (using static electricity) and now you were playing PONG under a tennis 'skin'. Oh yeah- there was also SOCCER and FOOTBALL (PONG, under different lines) As you could imagine, it got old QUICK.

I had a PS1 that I used maybe 30 times, and now a PS2 that we've used maybe half as much...Dance Dance Revolution....Yawn-Yawn- Convolution! If I want to dance I'll go out to a bar where a kickin rock band is playing, get a little whiskey in my veins and dance with some 'hotties'... or better yet, my Dawn.

When A:M came along in my life...it became my game of choice. I'm real happy to see all these young kids getting hi-pay jobs in the gaming industry- but in my opinion, they are making better and better skins for DOOM...yawn!

I've programmed and done the animation for FLASH web games...that was FUN... I have big hopes for the A:M realtime engine that 'is' in developement, but have learned not to hold my breath.

I haven't tried a WII yet...maybe that will change my perspective and get me to stop playing 'Hash'. I hope not... I'm not a gamer no more- I have a life instead.

(Joke in reference to an old back-n-white TV show from the 1950's called 'I Love Lucy' starring Lucille Ball. She would always upset her Cuban husband, Ricky Ricardo- who would extol "Lucy, you got some splainin' to do".) I figure that if I am too old to know what a 'Master Chief' is, your prolly too young to know old TV quotes...

You may be suprised but I used to watch I love lucy.

On my pc (Which is fried :) dont ask) I had Halo PC and I took the Master Chief model out of that. It was in .obj format with no textures. So if you grab a copy of Halo PC $10-15 and you search the halomod forums (google them) you can extract it. Unfortunelty I don't have them on my mac :(.

Hope it helps

Photoman