sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Too many splines

Master chief

ok, so my post yesterday about having 10 splines join caused a ruckus and I finaly threw the modele out , how ever going trough some of the images iv seen is some of the help files iv nocoted that splines can terminat on another spline with out creating a CP , and i have tryed this , only problem is that it seams to attach the spline where ever it wants along the attached to spline , how can i get this to go where i want as if i can find this out i could reduce the number of splines in my model drasticaly

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you're referring to hooks? I'm pretty sure there's an explanation in the manual but to summarize.......

You drag the cp to the spline you want it to terminate at. Line it up about half way along the spline and keep holding down the left mouse button. Still holding down the left mouse button, press the right mouse button. The spline should attach to the other spline without a cp.

ok os my post yesterday about having 10 splines join caused a rucis and i finaly threw the modele out , how ever going trough some of the images iv seen is some of the help files iv nocoted that splines can terminat on another spline with out creating a CP , and i have tryed this , only problem is that it seams to attach the spline where ever it wants along the attached to spline , how can i get this to go where i want as if i can find this out i could reduce the number of splines in my model drasticaly

There are (I think) four positions along a spline where the hooks can take place...

It will jump to the nearest to your mousepointer when you create it. Other than that, there is no possiblity to make place the hook more precisly.

But in general you dont have to think much about it. If it changes a lot where the hook is connected to on the spline, a hook is very likley not suited...

You should best use it on even surfaces or at least on surfaces where it will not have to bend too much.

*Fuchur*