sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animating in genereal

AMkyle

OK, so i am having lots of trouble animating sometimes. Sometimes i just try too hard maybe, but how are people suppose to animate.

#1 The problems im talking about is like, how do you get your character to do all sorts of actions like walking and talking with hand gestures, or like running and jumping. Just all sorts of actions, maybe a bit like combining two actions.?? could any of you tell me how to animate like that?

#2. Also a problem i have is kinda stange and i dont know how it happens. When im animating an action, sometimes its really messed up like for a jump for example. ( like a large action, my guy will run, and then maybe turn to the side WHILE RUNNING, and wave . so hes running for like 5 seconds, and then turns his torso a bit and looks at the screen and waves. The problem i get is he will run but at the very beginning he will turn and wave instead of waiting 5 seconds, how do i get stuff like that to work.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 The problems im talking about is like, how do you get your character to do all sorts of actions like walking and talking with hand gestures, or like running and jumping. Just all sorts of actions, maybe a bit like combining two actions.?? could any of you tell me how to animate like that?

The Path Ease (walk, then wave) tutorial might be a help for you on this one.

#2. Also a problem i have is kinda stange and i dont know how it happens. When im animating an action, sometimes its really messed up like for a jump for example. ( like a large action, my guy will run, and then maybe turn to the side WHILE RUNNING, and wave . so hes running for like 5 seconds, and then turns his torso a bit and looks at the screen and waves. The problem i get is he will run but at the very beginning he will turn and wave instead of waiting 5 seconds, how do i get stuff like that to work.

If there is no previous key on a bone, then it will start its' movement from the beginning of the animation...add a key to the torso so that it won't begin turning until you want it to happen.

Hope that helps.