sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Volumetric light overlap question

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I did use multi pass. Once at 9x and once at 25x with no improvement. I did some screen caps to show what I mean. You can see the front, side, and camera view setup, and three renders. The first small black one is with a short falloff, the way I need it for the shot, the second one is with a much longer falloff, and the third is with contrast reduced from 50% to 25%. Both the klieg and the bulb have volumetrics turned on to default settings and nothing else is rendering, such as shadows or reflections, etc. Is there a way to have these two volumetric lights stay in their respective positions and still render with a nice "normal" volumetric blend?

post-12221-1219195031_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

presuming that just one light by itself renders correctly, then do a pass for each light and composite the two passes.

If you have after Effects i think the "lighten" composite mode would preserve the brightness better than a 50% blend. Lighten uses whatever is brightest from two sources.