Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rigging Practice

I have created a new little character mainly for the purpose of practicing rigging and animating.

i am going to make a music video eventually with this guy using the song Tonto, Jump On It!

but i am still rigging him right now.

i have used the 2001 Skeletal rig and i still have a little touching up to do for some small points that are a little out of place.

but its the best i have done. i never have rigged a human before. nor made one.

i need to know how to use the target things.

the cubes for like the feet targets and the hip/pelvis cube mover. if i could rig these it would make my animating alot smoother and easier.

so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Groovy.jpgGroovy3.jpgGroovy2.jpgGroovy4.jpgGroovy5.jpg

and i will take comments on the character too.

hands to come very soon :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Tot,

I think the model looks great! it looks like a very 68-70ish style. I'd like to help you with your rig question but I can't seem to grasp the rigging part of the program.

Can't wait to see the music video!

George

nice model, reminds me of disco-stu from the simpsons... ;)

i don´t really know if i understood your question right, but you don´t need to "rig" the targets to use them... in the 2001-rig they´re already there... they have no cps assigned, there are just other bones constrained to them so parts of your model like the wrists or the ankles will follow them...

ps: where are his hands? you should model them FIRST, and then do the rigging...

hope that helps...

well for some reason the targets do not work. i dont know if maybe i deleted something but like if i use the left foot or right foot target it doenst move the foot. but it does constrain it. if i move it down a towards the target it oddlly rotates around it.

but i cant actually use the target like i want to. if i move it around all it does is move around without moving any cp's

that is the same with the hip target

ok. well if someone does look at it and help me out i cant use that model. they will have to explain the problem to me.

i want to learn as well as get this done

i am sure i cant use anyones because i still using 10.5.. never have gotten around to upgrading. maybe ill do that pretty soon.

GroovyDude.mdl

still no hands... i will get to that soon.

• Hash Fellow
ok. well if someone does look at it and help me out i cant use that model. they will have to explain the problem to me.

i want to learn as well as get this done

i am sure i cant use anyones because i still using 10.5.. never have gotten around to upgrading. maybe ill do that pretty soon.

GroovyDude.mdl

still no hands... i will get to that soon.

Cool character.

I still have 10.5 on my machine so I looked at it.

Basically, the AM2001 rig process isn't done to its conclusion. THere are no constraints on any of the bones. The install rig tutorial has changed a bit since 10.5 so i would go back to "The art of A:M" book that came with your v10.5 and follow that one very carefully.

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/Am2003/2003Manual.pdf

But i would recommend making the leap to v15. $50 for one year. your model will still work.

Cool character.

I still have 10.5 on my machine so I looked at it.

Basically, the AM2001 rig process isn't done to its conclusion. THere are no constraints on any of the bones. The install rig tutorial has changed a bit since 10.5 so i would go back to "The art of A:M" book that came with your v10.5 and follow that one very carefully.

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/Am2003/2003Manual.pdf

But i would recommend making the leap to v15. $50 for one year. your model will still work.

oh has the price dropped from 100$

wow i will definitely be doing that. my b-day is coming up. i should get that much. i am going to get it for sure.

yeah. that is where i get lost in rigging. i dont understand it when it comes to constraints and weighting and things like that.

Did you see the breaking news that Raf is giving away his setup machine for free now?

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32426

hmm

well i didnt know they had these things. its what i have always wanted.

and judging by all the grateful comments about this it must be good.

i am going to try this out real soon.

Alright i finally did the hands.

I know it has taken me a while but i have been enjoyin summer. WOO :D

Groovy6.jpgGroovy7.jpgGroovy8.jpg

none of the renders are final for what i am going to make.

i am not sure whether to a toon render like i have or give it a realistic cartoon look in regular render.

im still deciding. i am going to need to practice with lighting though.

alright. i am still having problems with my rig. i think i need to wait until i get an upgrade to rig this model. i tried installing The Setup Machine 2 and it has not worked for me. it doesnt recognize the plugins or something.

i need to upgrade soon. and i am going to.