Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Large Main Bone

flashawd

Hi - I think I had this problem before, but did a couple of searches and can not find it... so maybe not. When I click on my character in the project workspace the "main" bone I guess it would be is huge and seems to get selected on accident because it is so large - can I shrink this down w/o shrinking down the character? It isn't the "root" bone - because when I click on that it is a normal size. Thanks - Eric

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi - I think I had this problem before, but did a couple of searches and can not find it... so maybe not. When I click on my character in the project workspace the "main" bone I guess it would be is huge and seems to get selected on accident because it is so large - can I shrink this down w/o shrinking down the character? It isn't the "root" bone - because when I click on that it is a normal size. Thanks - Eric

Regardless of what bone it is, to reduce its size you must open the model and within the 'modeling' window grab the end of the bone and move this toward the beginning of the bone. Do not put the bone in 'scale' mode or all children bones will shrink with it. If the bone is the 'model bone' (that invisible bone you get with all models), to select it, in the modeling window in bones mode and click on the model name in the PWS.

Hope this helps,

Rusty

Regardless of what bone it is, to reduce its size you must open the model and within the 'modeling' window grab the end of the bone and move this toward the beginning of the bone. Do not put the bone in 'scale' mode or all children bones will shrink with it. If the bone is the 'model bone' (that invisible bone you get with all models), to select it, in the modeling window in bones mode and click on the model name in the PWS.

Hope this helps,

Rusty

Sometimes in the modeling window... well... actually most times you don't even see the main model bone. It is invisible unless you intentionally select it. That is why the same thing happens to me. If I saw how HUGE the model bone was in the modeling window I would scale it down.

To make sure you can see it you not only must deselect all the bones but you must click in the model window where there are no bones until the big huge model bone suddenly appears... or click on the model in the PWS as Rusty explained...

I really need to read ALL the posts before replying... and he posted it twice which makes me even more of an idiot. ;)

-vern

• Hash Fellow

Dragging the tip will scale the bone without scaling it's children, however it's easy to get the bone off perfect XYZ alignment that way.

In the Model bone's Properties you can change its "Length" which will scale it safely and retain its original orientation.