Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Can anyone help me?

LostValley

Greetings,

I want to apologize for this post in a way, but I also hope that this post will help me. I'm every new to AM but I've been in film making for awhile.

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a post or post on here about how to get a picture on to AM a picture of a logo and then Animate it to make it into a movable motion picture logo?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Greetings,

I want to apologize for this post in a way, but I also hope that this post will help me. I'm every new to AM but I've been in film making for awhile.

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a post or post on here about how to get a picture on to AM a picture of a logo and then Animate it to make it into a movable motion picture logo?

First tip: put a meaningful topic on your posts. "Can anyone help me?" means nothing and most people will pass it by.

ifyou have your picture in vector form (adobe Illustrator) you can import it and extrude it into 3d withthe AI wizard.

If your picture isnt' in vector form, get it in vector form. Other wise you could import a picture and use it as a rotoscope to trace off of. But AI is easier.

Hi, LostValley, and welcome - it took you a long time to make your first post :) .

Your question is rather broad, so there are many different answers. What sort of picture? How much animation? Could it be applied as a decal onto a cube and then moved around? Or could you model parts of it, and then animate them?

If you have a look at The Art of Animation:Master manual you will get a glimpse of how to model, how to animate, how to apply a decal.

For the font wizard, which is the one I think that Robcat is talking about, you can look at Holmes's tutorial.

Hey sorry about the topic name it was late when I posted, your thinking 8:30 is late, well when you haven't had much sleep from working that's a long story but I will work on the topic name.

Anyways the picture I'm talking about is a logo my LostValley logo there isn't really any depth to the logo. The logo isn't completely done.

lostvalley4lj9.jpg

That's the logo now my real question is how to put it on AM and make it 3D add motion to it because that is a film reel, well it will be once I'm done.

Thanks again

If those links and first posts will help then I thank you for the help.

as largento mentioned you will like to redraw it in a vector-app like illustrator or coreldraw, save it as .ai file and then import it to a:m. you can add bevels if you want to, extrude it and color it in a:m.

You mean Robert :)

George

as largento mentioned you will like to redraw it in a vector-app like illustrator or coreldraw, save it as .ai file and then import it to a:m. you can add bevels if you want to, extrude it and color it in a:m.

You mean Robert :)

George

oh... you´re right, must have mixed it up with another thread i´ve read before, sorry robert, sorry largento, thanks george ;)

On the other hand, if you don't have a finished logo - just a hand-drawn sketch - it might be easiest just to go ahead and model it from scratch in A:M. Import the sketch and use as a rotoscope if you like. Then you'll have a model that's completely comfortable in A:M and you can select and manipulate parts of it and put bones in it etc.

• Hash Fellow

The advantage of importing something from AI is that you get the option of automatically adding bevels in the AI wizard.

If you trace a rotoscope in A:M you can extrude it, but you'll have to add the bevels manually.

Lots of apps can export .AI files. just make sure your creating actual vector art and not just an image file embedded in a .ai file.

That's the logo now my real question is how to put it on AM and make it 3D add motion to it because that is a film reel, well it will be once I'm done.
You'll really want to do the tuts in TAoA:M, those will answer most of your questions.