Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Ninja character

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty spline heavy if that face isn't going to be making any mouth movements or expressions.

There is a troublesome spline area on his right temple.

Are you making both sides at the same time?

I just copy/flip/attached the face but i'm doing the rest all at once

I have started to work on the scenery for a medieval japan. Here is my first building, it is a pagoda. I'm still thinking of some good scenery to work with. If you guys have any ideas post em on here. I would be happy to see them.

post-11452-1209222398_thumb.jpg

thanks, I think the decal problem has to do with the fact that i used the repeat function to decal the ground and the roofs of the huts. Only the original decal shows up when rendered, but when i am looking at my models in the program it looks fine. Is there a setting i can change to fix this or is it just bad decaling?

I finally got around to rigging my ninja's hands and setting the poses. I also added a sword and some decals. Here is a picture.

nice... keep going...

here´re my crits: the nasal bone looks a bit tapered, especially at the upper section between the eyes...

his right hand has some creases in this pose, looks like he´s got some "flesh-engagement-rings" on his fingers.

my tip for the the kimono (is a ninja dress called kimono? i don´t know i have to admit...)...: make it a little brighter, it will still look black if you choose a dark grey, but the folds will be more noticable and your poses will be easier to read...

thanks, I'll see what i can do with the nose. I didn't bother doing any smartskin for the hands because they are small and i thought it would be difficult to see any defects. As for the clothing, I think i will keep it the same color. I will just have to highlight him. By the way, if i want to give him weapons should i put them in his model file or keep them as seperate models?

Thanks,

MasterFunk

thanks, I'll see what i can do with the nose. I didn't bother doing any smartskin for the hands because they are small and i thought it would be difficult to see any defects. As for the clothing, I think i will keep it the same color. I will just have to highlight him. By the way, if i want to give him weapons should i put them in his model file or keep them as seperate models?

Thanks,

MasterFunk

keep weapons separate. if you animate constrain the characters hand to the sword and animate the sword instead of the hand. it would be difficult to animate the hand with such a long weapon like a sword since every little movement of the wrist will mean a big movement of the sword.

you don´t have to use smartskins on the hands, you can get them to move smoothly only with cp-weighting...

Thanks,

MasterFunk

keep weapons separate. if you animate constrain the characters hand to the sword and animate the sword instead of the hand. it would be difficult to animate the hand with such a long weapon like a sword since every little movement of the wrist will mean a big movement of the sword.

you don´t have to use smartskins on the hands, you can get them to move smoothly only with cp-weighting...

I have my sword in the same model as my ninja mainly because it rests on my ninja's back where i want it. Would i be able to do that if it was in a seperate file?

Thanks,

MasterFunk

I have my sword in the same model as my ninja mainly because it rests on my ninja's back where i want it. Would i be able to do that if it was in a seperate file?

sure, just constrain the sword to the back bone, when you want him to take the sword in his hand you´ll have to set the enforcement of the sword to the backbone to 0% and then constrain the characters hand to the sword. it´s not that tricky as it sounds.... you can take a look at the "the door´s stuck" tutorial in the TAOAM for reference.

Nice animation. On the throwing star, before it leaves his hands, add a bit of secondary action. It's sort of blah just him standing there. And make the shuriken spin a bit too. Gah what am I saying. Better than me (for sure). But over all it's a great piece of work!

I tried that but only the hand translates to the sword not the arm. Any suggestions?