Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

SAND

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The Mummy' was done by Hollywood's Industrial Light and Magic...perhaps thousands of animators and effect-artists and technical directors with a high budget. You are setting the bar pretty high for just yourself and a $50 animation application. Many newbies ideas are lofty and un-attainable because of over-ambition. Keep things simple.

That said...you might be able to Google to find some papers on ILM's approach to this difficult visual, apply them to A:M's toolset via experimentation... and prove me to be an old 'crumudgeon'!

Good luck.

Well.... like john said this is not a beginner project. first go through the particle tutorials and get feel for how they work. Now how I would try that effect if I was so inclined would be to use splines. If you make a simple face and adjust the normals; when the particles hit it they will bounce off the face and give the general shape of the face modeled. So get a grasp on particle collisions when loking at those tutes.

Just one way to try it.

Not sure how the end result would look though.

so you would have your model (city, bulding, town ect) move into the ground. make a few spright imiters around it and from the center make a few force imiters. make the sand low and as the object gets lower make the sand go higher

with the face bit make an invisable model move it through the sand than when you play it back, just before the face hits the sand give it a riged body