Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help! I blew off my toolbar...

Kelley

Last night, in the course of some quick, careless mouse-clicking, I blew off the main toolbar...the one with FILE>Open, and EDIT>Paste With Bones, VIEW, etc. I still have the iconic tools, but...can someone point the way back? Thanks.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I got this...

Are you talking about the main toolbar with the FILE, PROJECT, VIEW TOOLS, and HELP tabs?

If you are, then close the program and restart it. Do you see the toolbar now?

If not, right click on any existing tools bars that you see up top. Scrool down until you see CUSTOMIZE and there you will see all the toolbars that are used in the program.Click on it. Then click on the top one labeled "Menu bar" and put a check in the box which will give you back the main menu toolbar.

Did that help?

I think I got this...

Are you talking about the main toolbar with the FILE, PROJECT, VIEW TOOLS, and HELP tabs?

If you are, then close the program and restart it. Do you see the toolbar now?

If not, right click on any existing tools bars that you see up top. Scrool down until you see CUSTOMIZE and there you will see all the toolbars that are used in the program.Click on it. Then click on the top one labeled "Menu bar" and put a check in the box which will give you back the main menu toolbar.

Did that help?

Almost. I checked the MENU box, and clicked OK...and it didn't come back.

MENU_MENU.jpg

Or Help Menu > Reset Settings, but that will reset EVERYTHING so A:M will look like when you bought it.

Something strange must have happened. The HELP button will not respond, nor will RESET. In addition, I cannot uncheck MENU bar in the list. I suspect [unless someone comes up with a great idea] that I'm going to have to do a fresh re-install of A:M.

There has to be some way to retrive you menue toolbar with out reinstalling it. :huh:

Keep looking around in the tool section or try to find the lost tool bar on the inside of the inerface in the program. Porbably theres a sliver hanging out that you just cant see it. I had something similar to that when it happened.

There has to be some way to retrive you menue toolbar with out reinstalling it. :huh:

Keep looking around in the tool section or try to find the lost tool bar on the inside of the inerface in the program. Porbably theres a sliver hanging out that you just cant see it. I had something similar to that when it happened.

If there is a sliver hangin' oyt, I sure couldn't find it.

And it gets better. In frustration, I did the Un-Install/Re-Install [by the book, through the Control Panel] . Therefore, I should have a clean, factory-fresh copy of v.13. When I launched it, [1] it did not ask for my S/N, and [2] when the UI came up, the MENU Bar is still gone. This is definitely odd.

When I double-click [as opposed to right-click] in the menu area, I can get a small window appearing with an "M.."in it. [see bottom half of attached pic. Could this stand for "MENU"?] I cannot get this window box to expand out. If I double-click in the "M...box" the iconic toolbars at the top move down and a hairlined box appears above them...where the MENU Bar should be. [see top part of attached] If I double-click anywhere in there, it bounces back to the tiny floating window.

I sent a copy of this to the Support guys at Hash

FOOTNOTE EDIT: When I right-click to TOOLBARS there's a MENU Bar at the top of the list, and another at the bottom. If I un-select the check box at the bottom, the MENU Bar space area [in the UI] collapses and just leaves the icon toolbars. The one at the top of the list will not let me un-select it at all.

MENU_QUESTION.jpg

MENU_FOOTNOTE.jpg

Go to Customize and remove a created toolbar, that is what is causing your problem.

I created a tool bar called tony and I got the same result as the tool bar that you are showing.

you must have created 2 Menu bar of which one you are able to remove.

how r u creating a screen capture.?

Go to Customize and remove a created toolbar, that is what is causing your problem.

I created a tool bar called tony and I got the same result as the tool bar that you are showing.

you must have created 2 Menu bar of which one you are able to remove.

how r u creating a screen capture.?

We may be getting closer. Last night I did create a new Key command: the 'D' key, to bring up the Distort tool bar. However, I do not see any 'Delete' key/button anywhere. Right-click does not bring it up.

The Hash support folks got back to me in record time. They suggested using "regedit" to delete all Hash key registries. Which I did, then Un-Installed, and Re-Installed. Same-same. Still have the floating "M..." box.

Screen captures are done by pressing the "Print Screen" button and pasting into the Paint program that comes with Windows.

Interesting...

This must be looked at closely in the future.

Quite so. I had an unprecedented rapid-fire exchange of messages with the Support guys. They feel that the suggestion about deleting a spurious menu or key command is the best, but other than that, they say they're out of suggestions.

I think I'll just up-grade and side-step the whole issue. [maybe. After all, I did do a complete fresh re-install]

Thanks for all the efforts.

You could clean the registry and then it would be a clean install there were directions for that on the forum before

I did that. That was the 'regedit' that I was referring to, suggested by the support guys. They told me to delete:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Hash, Inc.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software?Hash, Inc.

I deleted both, then, Un-installed through the Control Panel, and Re-installed from the disc. It asked for my name and S/N again. That's about as completely new as it gets. I think.

It really is a pain in the butt not having that Menu Bar. I am about to order up a house call from my computer guy on another issue. If this doesn't settle out in the next day or so, I'm going to do a System Recovery, scrub the C:/ drive and re-install my software again. I do a complete back-up to My Documents every night.

• Admin
I'm going to do a System Recovery, scrub the C:/ drive and re-install my software again.

Sure seems like a lot of work just to get your Menu back.

I understand your frustration though.

Is there any way that it is just pushed off the visible screen area?

I ask as pushing the menu off the screen was the only way I could get the menu to disappear for me.

Now I'm off to try to find a way to get it back myself. ;)

Edit: It took me awhile to get the menu back and I'm not sure what specifically did it.

I changed the Icons to large... shut down A:M... restarted and saw a sliver of the menu down at the bottom of the screen.

Grabbed that and I was back in business. I'm not sure that is your problem but just in case...

I changed the Icons to large... shut down A:M... restarted and saw a sliver of the menu down at the bottom of the screen.

Grabbed that and I was back in business. I'm not sure that is your problem but just in case...

A HA! Exactly my point. Try finding a sliver peeking out of the edges. Just look closly.

Also, Im sure there is no need to do all that work to recover a menu bar. Rebooting the whole computer, restoreing it, cleaning the registry, uninstalling and reinstalling it, I mean come on.

By any means, contact Hash and see if you can get a new CD or program download.

Again, take a gooood look around in the inerface to see any sliver and/or press buttons and see if you can recover the toolbar. Go crazy...

Again, take a gooood look around in the inerface to see any sliver and/or press buttons and see if you can recover the toolbar. Go crazy...

Well guys, I can't get it back and it's not for lack of looking. Moreover; I'm convinced that it's right there staring at me in the little floating box that says "M..." If I could only get it to open. Like I said before, if I double click on it, the space where the MENU Bar should be expands and a thin-lined box [same size as "M..."] appears and "M..." disappears. If I double-click in the thin-lined box, it brings back the "M..." window box.

I'm convinced it's there, but won't display.

MENU_QUESTION.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TRN: you were right all along. It was there...a mere sliver. The sliver was just more mere than I thought possible, and thus didn't see it. My computer guy came over today and tried several approaches. At last he set the resolution of the monirtors as high as possible so the image area took up as small an area of the screen as possible. And there was the menu...in full sight.

The little bitty grey line that the red arrow is pointing to was all that was showing originally.

MENU_QUESTION....jpg