sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

So Close!

bighop

Ok, I have the clip almost done!

I have the character walking through the scene.

He then walks in again carrying a book.

He then sets it down, and walks out.

It worked, and then I got picky! I went to adjust some of the movements and now the thing does work right at all.

As he was setting the book down there needed to be some adjustment. I did that in the Choreography Window. After I did, his arm went out of wack during the next walk cycle.

How do you get an arm,,,,leg...etc...to go back into an action after you adjusted it?

Picture_3.png

Picture_4.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, I did watch that, but didn't do that. I ended up recreating the scene. It works, now I have to add the other books being brought in.

So far I've have about 34 hours on this. It is amazing how quickly it adds up!

Thanks for your help. Each time I use this I learn more, then find out there is more to learn!

About 30 of those 34 are an investment that will come back later when you get good at this. (...says Phatso, who is nowhere near mastering this himself, pretending he knows what he is doing.)

In the meantime, it can't be said often enough: when you reach a point where you've got something kinda halfway right, SAVE IT! And then if you tweak it and it improves, SAVE IT! Hard disk space is cheap these days, there's no good reason to leave yourself exposed to possible loss of work.

Ok, I have this process almost down....

1. I have the character walking into the scene and walk out.

2. I have the character bring a book in, and set it down.

3. I have the character leave.

Now...

I need to constrain the character to a new path. I posted this before, but I'm not having any luck. I need the character to walk in on a different path.

So I added a new path,

Added a new constraint

If I keyframe the enforcement I get a warning:

When I go to adjust the ease, the program crashes.

Are you not allowed to constrain a character to more then one path? or should I set up a new choreography?

Thanks for all the help so far. I couldn't have done this project without this Forum!

Picture_1.png

Picture_2.png

Picture_3.png

book_drop.mov