Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Artists Dummy

Hi,

Im currently working on my first project.

I am trying to make a computer model of an artists dummy.

I have finished modeling and have done a render.

post-10417-1193848539_thumb.jpg

What do you think?

I am also having problems rigging.

If someone would be kind enough to help me with rigging or do it for me please PM me.

Elliot

P.S This is the first thing i have made on A:M all by myself.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Elliot, between the new gig I got and my own work I won't have time to rig it. I am not the best rigger in the world anyway. I believe the david rogers book has a good tutorial on rigging if you can get your hands on that one. Or maybe try to learn to apply the squetch rig, maybe someone here will be kind enough to help you with that. I don't know anything about the squetch rig myself though, I haven't used it. Or you can take the rig out of the thom model and apply it to your artist dummy, that might be a lot easier, then you can use the actions on the dvd with it too. Best of luck.

the headbone's connected to the neck bone, etc...

i've never messed with the complex rigs you'll hear folks talking about. i don't do enough animation to bother with 'em.

i'm sure they're excellent for all that fancy moving around and such, but until you have the need to do complex animation, just start attaching bones together and see what happens.

-jon

Yeah....that's a fairly easy rigg to get in there....Well, depending on your use of the artist dummy. However, there are numerous tutorials for a basic body rigg. I would guess skinning, weighting wouldn't be a huge issue. I remember seeing a rigg of an artist dummy created in A:M. For some reason I thought it was on the Animation Master "Pit Stop" site, but I'm not sure if that's still running.

Anyway, you can rig this up in no time with the artist dummy functions even if you start with a hip bone, add some spines, etc.

• 2 weeks later...