artistadj

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Several of those five point patches would be better if you used hooks...like at the ear (they would be treated as four point patches if you did that). You also have some dead-end splines, those would cause creases.

As for your question, there isn't a button in Animation Master to make all five point patches fill...you would have to select them and hit the button to designate it as a valid patch.

The splinemanship tutorials on this site should help you with your spline layout.

Hope that helps, Art.

In short: Five-Pointers have the right shape at the eyes but the once at the ear should get a hook.

For the "Enable 5-Pointers" you could write a featurerequest at A:M Reports. Doesnt sound like a bad idea, if you can use both ways... sometimes a 5-point-hole is designed to be a hole... so you would have to work with 6-point-holes instead... but in other circumstances it would very possible work out well.

*Fuchur*

PS: You could try what the Select-Plugin from Steffen does... maybe it can help you too... there is a option to select al 5pointers... dont know if they have to be already declared as patches or not...

-> www.sgross.com

I wonder if it would be good/possible if 5 point patches were automatically filled just like 4 point patches. Then if you wanted a hole, you could just select the 5 point patch with the patch tool and press a button to "unfill" it.

I wonder if it would be good/possible if 5 point patches were automatically filled just like 4 point patches. Then if you wanted a hole, you could just select the 5 point patch with the patch tool and press a button to "unfill" it.

I think I'd like that, although I will say, the way it is now makes you think before you use a 5 point patch. If they just popped up automatically, we might find ourselves overusing them.

And if it did do it automatically, I wouldn't want it to do it automatically for "bad" 5-point patches... like the one on the right in this screen grab:

5pointers.jpg

I would have to say I'm completely against changing the 13-point patch tool, though. It would really mess me up if 13-point patches automatically showed up.

13pointer.jpg

Hi everybody and thanks for the answers.

I want to explain why I would need that function. I go back and forth from AM to other POLYGONAL apps (like Cinema 4D for istance) that I use for my work.

After many trial and errors I've found that if I import a model with 5 points patch to Hamapatch and than I close the hole with the command I refered in my other post, I can than export to DXF with 2 subdivisions and all the 5 points patch are divided and correctely exported. This not work in my version of AM (2005) if I export a model with 5 points the result is a mess.

Sometime I import in AM model in OBJ format and it works quite well, but if the model has 5 points polygons they are not filled, so it would be nice to have a funcion like that of Hamapatch.

I dont know if the things are changed in latest version. Should I upgrade?

Thank you.

Art

post-4999-1191777406_thumb.jpg

post-4999-1191777419_thumb.jpg

Hi everybody and thanks for the answers.

I want to explain why I would need that function. I go back and forth from AM to other POLYGONAL apps (like Cinema 4D for istance) that I use for my work.

After many trial and errors I've found that if I import a model with 5 points patch to Hamapatch and than I close the hole with the command I refered in my other post, I can than export to DXF with 2 subdivisions and all the 5 points patch are divided and correctely exported. This not work in my version of AM (2005) if I export a model with 5 points the result is a mess.

Sometime I import in AM model in OBJ format and it works quite well, but if the model has 5 points polygons they are not filled, so it would be nice to have a funcion like that of Hamapatch.

I dont know if the things are changed in latest version. Should I upgrade?

Thank you.

Art

The Export-algorithm has changed... it handles Hooks and 5pointer now in another, better way... but I dont know exactly if it will look better for you. Nevertheless the update is worth it...

*Fuchur*