Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Question about White Background/Rendering.

Animatorkid

Sorry to those who may know the obvious answer because I am not sure how to go about searching for this certain question. So I will try to ask as best I can.

I notice on some of the rendering in the W.I.P the background is a whitish color while the model comes out in a light gray look that looks very real. How do I go about setting it up so my preview renders look the same way?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take it too hard Ken. I appreciated your going to the trouble of posting a link where no one else did.

I personally don't mind going through several links as there is always the potential of picking up other info that the other links may have missed. Or better yet, finding some tidbit that has nothing to do with the original topic but ends up being invaluable.

Thanks...

Al

• Admin
Thanks for the quick replies and links everyone. An thanks to whomever fixed my terrible topic. LoL

Your topic certainly wasn't terrible. Not by any means.

I do reword topic titles from time to time in the Newbies forum.

I try not to take too much liberty with the poster's words and my additions can usually be found in the subtitle in brackets "( )".

Where there is already a subtitle I try to incorporate it into the title first.

For those interested in why I bother to do this in the Newbies forum read on (apologies to all others for straying off topic)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone's time is valuable and where the Topic Title tells the reader at a glance what can be found once a topic is open less time is wasted and (more importantly) answers to questions can be found. When searching the forum it also helps target key words.

I have a few informal rules for editing topic titles; when and when not to edit. Here is a 'golden rule': If the original poster acknowledges a solution I consider placing the solution in the topic subtitle to signal closure to other viewers. The original poster getting an appropriate answer (customer's satisfaction with the solution) is the rule.

Where the original poster fails to acknowledge the solution there is little anyone can do. So... my appreciation goes out to all those take the time to thank those who offer advice, suggest solutions and spend their valueable time answering questions. Accurate topic titles help others help you.

Lest anyone think I wish to complain about topic titles... quite the contrary. Someone may not know enough about a particular subject to formulate the questions accurately... they are the ones looking for answers after all.

But... once a solution is known and the original author of the post satisfied with that solution... its time to share that solution with others and see exactly what we've learned.

Editing the topic title is my attempt to close the loop and highlight solutions. Hopefully the information can then be more easily accessed by others via forum search or even when just wandering through.

So.. all this to say... Keep on asking and answering those questions!

I'll try not to take too many liberties with your words. Where I do we'll make the appropriate adjustments.

P.S. Others are always welcome to post examples of what they've learned to extend the discussion even more! :)