Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

animation master dog

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since you intend to enter this into the Mascot contest, I'm going to focus on giving you constructive criticism. You're gonna be up against some tough competition.

What you have right now looks more like a guy in a suit than it does an anthropomorphic dog. I really think that you need to step back and get a clear picture of the character in your head. It's not that the modeling is all that bad, but the proportions are really out of sync.

Take a look at Kee Kat (on the CD) to give you a good reference guide to proportions. Character's like this tend to be "child-size". Roughly 3 heads tall. The feet, hands, and head are extremely large in comparison.

I also recommend making the ears much longer and droopy and giving his snout a more conical shape, but those areas are subject to preferences.

Really study some of the other characters you find.

My two cents. Good luck.

Steve P.

• Hash Fellow

The tail does help make him more dog-like.

Would a shorter torso help him?

You might want to also round the hands and feet a little though; they look somewhat mechanical at the moment.

Although I recall the lion in "Madagascar" having very blockish fingers and paws, so it can work.