sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

take a walk?

oakchas

Building my own walk... I was able to do the excercise for TAO A:M with KK... even made him moon walk... But now, trying the excercise on a modified Thom.... I get this.. and I don't understand why. I refreshing myself with the TAO A:M excercise, and using it to reference the "how to" and getting this.

Frames 0, 5, 10 and 15 are all okay... copy frame 0, paste mirrored in frame 20... Mod thom almost floating in mid air... and not mirrored from frame 0.

frame_0.jpgframe_5.jpgframe_10.jpgframe_15.jpgframe_20.jpg

Is it because I am past the Y axis "home"?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

I'm just guessing... make sure both the Translate and Rotate filters are on when you do the copy and the paste.

It looks like only the Rotate filter is on. They're at the bottom of the screen

• Hash Fellow

I see what went wrong. All bones in the model judge their position relative to the Root Bone and the root bone is moving backwards during your cycle. I bet that happened when you were making the walk more "treadmill-like" after having animated it in a more realistic fashion. It's only noticed onthe feet because you've successfully counter animt

So the feet are being pasted into a position that is mirrored, but releative to the root bone.

It is possible to convert a walk animated normally into a treadmill walk for a cycle, but very easy to make a mistake and get odd results.

I'd suggest starting over and remember to not move the root bone in an action.

Incidentally the arm bones aren't doing weird things because the are all FK and only repsonding to rotation information which isn't affected by the translation of the root bone.

Before you do more however... go thru the bones and make sure that all te center bones (including the hips, including the head) are really at X=0 in your model and that all the left-right bones are really exactly opposite each other. For example x=9.39 and x=-9.27 aren't exact opposites.

That said, while testing, I found that copy paste mirror could produce some unmirror-like results on the hips, which i can't explain. It may be necessary to tinker with mirrored poses to get them truly mirrored.

Thanks Robert!

I'll try again... good to know about the mirrored bones not being in mirror positions... I guess I hadn't thought of that.

Additionally, I didn't move the root bone until AFTER I had the first trouble. which was essentially the same Before and after moving the root....

At any rate, I'll "tear it apart" and start over.