Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Indoor Tanning Lotion Girl

Hi - just wanted to thank everyone who answered my numerous questions while working on this project. I finished the lotion girl to the best she is going to be... she's not Joe Williamsen's Hunter, I've got quite a way to go until I am anywhere near there ;) Anyway, the client wanted the "Bratz Doll" look. Here is a link to the animation on her website and a couple images below. Not real happy with the lip sync, I have some practicing to do with that as well, but the project was taking too long and the client was happy so moving on. Have a great weekend, and thanks again for all your quick forum responses - Eric

Animation: http://www.discountindoortanninglotions.com

lotionGirl0001.jpg

lotionGirl0002.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phatso - I agree and like the idea - not real experienced with lighting, what kind of light and where would you suggest I put or angle it? Thanks Robert, but calling myself a "professional character animator" might be pushing it a bit. ;) Have a great weekend - Eric

Phatso - I agree and like the idea - not real experienced with lighting, what kind of light and where would you suggest I put or angle it? Thanks Robert, but calling myself a "professional character animator" might be pushing it a bit. ;) Have a great weekend - Eric

Not really, you are now a professional! you got paid for it. That all it takes to be a professional, save all your contract, receipt and so forth to prove that you got paid for it. I got hit by a truck and I had to prove that my injuries effected my work, until I got better. You never know what life has in store for you, but save your contract and file them away. Start establishing your credential, and get used to being called a professional, not everyone can do what you do, and a small percentage of people with your skills are out there I might add.

Ruscular - thank you very much - sorry to hear you got hit by a truck, I hope you have recovered. I'll take your advice and keep everything well documented and filed away. I actually just picked up another job, so from now on if anyone asks I can say I'm a "Professional Character Animator" ;-)

I think the default light is pretty much omnidirectional, and it shows up in shaded mode so you can move it around and judge the effect in real time. I'd start with one overhead and in front of the model (toward the camera).

Might I also suggest that you play with the surface properties of the dress so it looks less like she's been encased in chewing gum.