sprockets Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine! Learn to do radiosity renders
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

animated portrait- scene 2

this is the second piece with my animated self-portrait. Mostly it was a test to see how easily a second mo-cap session could be dropped on the puppet. My approach tries to do all adjustment on the puppet, rather than the mo-cap data. The goal is to just drop the action on the character and be 95% done. The reality was only about 85%, but that's not bad for a first shot. Here is a link to the piece on Youtube:

As with the last piece (

), I hope to post this on A:M films, but I'm waiting to hear back from HASH about that.

Ben

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent progress and motivating speech! Maybe you covered this before, but can this resulting action be put onto any head with the same bone/pose names?

Basically- yes. You have to set up the puppet to work with the system. That involves adding a specific set of bones that hold the data, and using those bones to drive other bones and poses. So there is always some set up for a new puppet, but once set up you can just drop the action on and go.