Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Image question from a newbie wanting to purchase

dwdmguy

Thank you for looking.

I'm just about ready to purchase for first time.

Can I import an image, weather it be a digital camera image, paint program image, etc....

and use this to either "trace" or use as a guideline for making my image in AM?

Again and thank you. Just a suggestion, a "Pre Sales" forum may be useful.

Tom

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you are referring to is a rotoscope and yes you can import any compatible image format as a rotoscope.

Consider the whole forum to be Pre-Sales and Post-Sales. You can lurk to learn and you can certainly post in the newbie section to get answers.

Scott

Yes you can use any image as a rotoscope and have one for the front and side view for example..

I captured your question traced around it with a few patches then used it as a decal and pasted it on the side of the model I made the added some hair pieces and rendered the small animation

quest.mov :rolleyes:

You can import images in many different formats - jpg,jpeg,.png, tga, bmp,pcx,mov plus others I forget which.

So its very easy to import directly from a digital camera, the web, or another package. What hasn't been said is you can import a series of images, and use that as a rotoscope sequence to aid your animating - so for example you can use a series of still captures, or frames from a live action shot, as reference for acting or body position.

Chris

To each one of you. Thank you very much.

I am pumped.

I'm not doing this professional but I simply want to "train" myself to something new.

My idea is to capture my 10 year old son in his Karate Uniform (Black Belt) and maybe have some fun with it.

I have the time so.....

Besides the forum, is there any good books on the market? I like training vid's and to be frank, this site has the

best training videos I've ever seen, (no wonder they get so much market share) but for some reason I love

books too!

Again, thank you for your support. I'll be purchasing this week.

Tom

I'ld also suggest looking up "Learning to Animate with Jeff Lew" He has 3 Informational dvds you can order. They're set up in such a way that they could work for any 3d program, but the program he uses for the dvds is A:M 2003. I've been finding them very helpful.