Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Galaxy Class Starship Model

Well, for no real reason, I've decided to start building a galaxy class starship. I'm thinking about maybe doing a whole line of star trek vessels and then I don't know what! I know that I am going to use my Galaxy class to play with doing special effects like phasers and shields and warp and etc.

post-9859-1178917452_thumb.jpg

post-9859-1178917461_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is just another pic showing the hull and deflector in work. I suggest you do make a defiant, I would be interested in seeing that ship built with AM. My next goal after the galaxy, is to attempt a sovereign!!!!!

post-9859-1178920612_thumb.jpg

(SNIP) I suggest you do make a defiant, I would be interested in seeing that ship built with AM. My next goal after the galaxy, is to attempt a sovereign!!!!!

I think that I will now. Thanks.

By the way, are you using rotoscopes for your model or are you eyeballing it?

Starting to look pretty cool!

The main part of this ship isn't quite right, though. The real model comes to a pretty sharp edge around it...

I did a quick search around and found this image... Not the best for seeing the whole thing, but to give you an idea of what I'm seeing:

ST_Generations_0931.jpg

Might help to find a roto of the top or bottom view to see that outline.

Oh yeah, I was looking at it in the front view and the model wasn't looking right, so I turned the rotoscope back on and found that there was a sort of dip on the sides of the hull. It's a good thing you don't see the back, it's still a little messy!