Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Anti aillising.

noober

I have a decal applied to the floor. And it repeats over and over abot 20x20. My problem is when it renders it realy starts to blur as you get closer to the camera. I thought i read something about antiailising. Is this what I need? If so where are its controls? Please someone help. I'm at work working on this right now. Help before the next hour or so is crucial. Thanks for yalls help.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aliasing is when you have a diagonal line but when you look at it closer it's more like a ladder, its jagged. Anti-aliasing smoothes these lines out.

From what you describe, it looks like a depth of field of your camera lense. Turn it off when rendering and see if that resolves the issue.

This is not a problem with Anti-Aliasing.

You need to use Higher Resolution Decals. As the decal gets closer to the camera, it looks larger. This means that each pixel on the decal is getting larger in the rendered image. A:M blend the edges of pixels on a decal so that it looks smoother, which is probably what your seeing as far as the blurring.

Here's the decal:

post-7957-1177628310_thumb.jpg

[Note: This image has been inlarged so that you can see each pixel individually. The real decal would have had each square as 1 pixel.]

Here's what it might look like on a patch when rendered from straight on (from my observations, it blurs to half the size of the pixel):

post-7957-1177628317_thumb.jpg

Here's what that same patch would look like tilted away from the camera:

post-7957-1177628383_thumb.jpg

The farther it gets away from the camera, the sharper the decal looks. But as it gets close to the camera, it appears blurrier.