Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Text

Distress

For now I'm stuck with the 2002 version of this software, and I need to make some text. It would be tedious to model each letter from scratch, not to mention challenging, so I hoped there was a text option somewhere. There isn't. I've heard about some Wizard Font plug-in that provides text, so I looked it up on Google, hoping it was freeware I could download....no luck.

Can somebody help me out?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is the Font Wizard.

Make a new model. Right Clik in said new model, and go down to 'Wizards'...and the select 'Font Wizard'. That simple. You will then have a simple interface where you can type your text, select your font, and a few options for bevels.

The Font Wizard works wonders MOST of the time. But because some fonts are crazy, and made by unknown sources, sometimes a little hand-tweeking is necessary to tweek the Font Wizards output.

There is also the AI Wizard (Adobe Illustrator) and some folks prefer to layout their text in AI vectors...save in AI V8 format, and then import to 3D with the AI Wizard.

Happy

You need to reinstall the application. Something got "broken".

Or...

There is also a tab in the preferences (tool options?) for... links to folders. Can't open AM right now to check what it's called. It has directory links to your plug-ins, library etc. I just can't remember off hand what that darn tab is called. Just check through them until you see one that has paths listed for libraries and plugins.

If that isn't set to the correct location for your plugins folder in AM then BINGO no plug-ins. (this happened to me a long time ago and I was able to relink it.)

However if the plugins folder isn't even on the computer for some reason reinstalling should fix it.

-vern

There is also a tab in the preferences (tool options?) for... links to folders. Can't open AM right now to check what it's called. It has directory links to your plug-ins, library etc. I just can't remember off hand what that darn tab is called. Just check through them until you see one that has paths listed for libraries and plugins.

Think I found it.

I might have to re-install it, although I've done that once before and it hasn't seemed to have made a difference. I'm assuming none of my project files saved to my hard drive will be harmed by re-installing the program, will they?

post-10476-1176956564_thumb.jpg