Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Foggy bridge.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work! I'm not sure what you mean by "sharper", but if you want there to be abit less fog, you can extend the far range of the fog beyond the scene more and that would do it.

Nice work! I'm not sure what you mean by "sharper", but if you want there to be abit less fog, you can extend the far range of the fog beyond the scene more and that would do it.

The light source needs the hard light coming through the fog. I dont want to turn the fog up, the bridge will not show up enough. So I need to find a medium ground.

Beautiful image and very nice use of the fog. Are you looking for a volumetric lighting effect? Like the light reflects off of the fog so you see streams of light shooting through the open areas of the bridge?

If so, you will need to set up a light (a kleig, or spot light) with volumetric lighting turned on.

I haven't experimented much with volumetric lighting just yet. I've been able to get it to work, just not with the results I was looking for :).

I hope that's what you were looking for.

- Michael

Beautiful image and very nice use of the fog. Are you looking for a volumetric lighting effect? Like the light reflects off of the fog so you see streams of light shooting through the open areas of the bridge?

If so, you will need to set up a light (a kleig, or spot light) with volumetric lighting turned on.

I haven't experimented much with volumetric lighting just yet. I've been able to get it to work, just not with the results I was looking for :).

I hope that's what you were looking for.

- Michael

I think your right. Thats what I'm looking for. Do I use that as well as fog. Because I would like both effects.

You can definitely use the fog and volumetric lighting together. Give it a shot. Place your Kleig so it is sitting behind the furthest section of the bridge. Now have it shine toward the foreground bridge. You may have to help the volumetric light look by placing an object between the bridge and the light - an object like a grid. The light will then shine through it, creating those volumetric rays of light (like when the sun shines through the clouds).

Anyway - I don't know how much help I can be with this. But keep working at it. The image is really beautiful.

- Michael

• Hash Fellow

The limitation of a kleig light is it is like a spotlight... it has a cone shape. It's tough to make a kleig light big enough to convincingly cover a large landscape shot like this and not see the edge of the cone.

But try it, you may find an arrangement that works for your situation.